View attachment 117276

and leave spots like this for tailgaters:

View attachment 117277

and this:

View attachment 117278

and this:

View attachment 117279

This isnt Rocket Science.
I get that you are irritated because not everyone thinks like you. However, remember that we don't pay for tailgating spaces in tailgating lots. We pay for a parking space in a parking lot.
And fyi, our space is in a diagonal lot and we don't park near grass. People who get there earlier do so to have a better choice of spot. Usually it's one on the end. Those who come later and don't get one of the end spots still tailgate. There are people next to us every game who do that.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I get that you are irritated because not everyone thinks like you. However, remember that we don't pay for tailgating spaces in tailgating lots. We pay for a parking space in a parking lot.
And fyi, our space is in a diagonal lot and we don't park near grass. People who get there earlier do so to have a better choice of spot. Usually it's one on the end. Those who come later and don't get one of the end spots still tailgate. There are people next to us every game who do that.

I'll bring my racecar hauler park in multiple "prime" spots and not tailgate just to spite.

LOL

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Pretty sure I said it was an annoyance, but not that big of a deal. You know like a pet peeve. It seems many are feeling called out, by the responses to me.

I dont think it is that big of a deal, but some of you must really feel attacked that someone dare say have some courtesy for those who want to have the extra space, if you arent going to use said space.

But yes you are free to park where ever you want, in the lot you are designated. Im also free to be annoyed as well.

I mean I was told by the jerk with the trailer (specifically against the rules), that the spot I parked in was "HIS" and he (always) parks there, and Needed 2 spaces plus extra, for his rig. But me saying it is an annoyance when someone parks in a spot with extra grass space and not use it is annoying, especially when there are many other spaces, is too much.

Do what you want, its still somewhat a free country.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Pretty sure I said it was an annoyance, but not that big of a deal. You know like a pet peeve. It seems many are feeling called out, by the responses to me.

I dont think it is that big of a deal, but some of you must really feel attacked that someone dare say have some courtesy for those who want to have the extra space, if you arent going to use said space.

But yes you are free to park where ever you want, in the lot you are designated. Im also free to be annoyed as well.

I mean I was told by the jerk with the trailer (specifically against the rules), that the spot I parked in was "HIS" and he (always) parks there, and Needed 2 spaces plus extra, for his rig. But me saying it is an annoyance when someone parks in a spot with extra grass space and not use it is annoying, especially when there are many other spaces, is too much.

Do what you want, its still somewhat a free country.

I don't feel called out considering I don't park in the lots close to the stadium. But I also very rarely tailgate and just go to the game.

I just find it funny that something so trivial annoys you. Like someone else mentioned most people who aren't tailgating aren't getting to the game early, so the spots you mention would be open to any tailgater who gets there early. The person who is not tailgating most likely isn't coming 4 hours before kickoff so if they arrive closer to kickoff and the spot is still open obviously it's because a "tailgater" didn't want that spot and passed it up.

Regarding the bold - you should have told him to F off and show you the deed for "his spot" and if he wanted it to get there earlier next time.

Reactions: jsb

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I don't feel called out considering I don't park in the lots close to the stadium. But I also very rarely tailgate and just go to the game.

I just find it funny that something so trivial annoys you. Like someone else mentioned most people who aren't tailgating aren't getting to the game early, so the spots you mention would be open to any tailgater who gets there early. The person who is not tailgating most likely isn't coming 4 hours before kickoff so if they arrive closer to kickoff and the spot is still open obviously it's because a "tailgater" didn't want that spot and passed it up.
Some people come early and go to other tailgates...as alarson said he does. Those are for the most part who I am talking about. If it never happens I would never say anything, but I notice it regularly.

Sure I dont care if those spots are open an hour before the game.. go ahead take whatever at that point. But if its 3+ hours before the game...maybe consider it...if there are plenty of other spots available.

Maybe some of you think being annoyed is really bad. Maybe being annoyed is much more extreme for some. Hell I think the fly in the room is annoying, but its not going to ruin my day.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Some people come early and go to other tailgates...as alarson said he does. Those are for the most part who I am talking about. If it never happens I would never say anything, but I notice it regularly.

Sure I dont care if those spots are open an hour before the game.. go ahead take whatever at that point. But if its 3+ hours before the game...maybe consider it...if there are plenty of other spots available.

Maybe some of you think being annoyed is really bad. Maybe being annoyed is much more extreme for some. Hell I think the fly in the room is annoying, but its not going to ruin my day.

Oh so they are tailgating!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
During tailgates, we always have a trash bin and a recycle bin. I always plan on bringing the recycling back to Illinois with me because my village has a recycling program for cans/plastic, paper, etc. Trash goes in the dumpster as we are leaving.

At the Iowa game, it was nice to come back after the game and find that someone went through our recycling bin, took all the cans and dumped all the other stuff out on the grass. It wasn't that much, so I didn't mind picking it up, but just made me think, it's not necessarily the tailgate people making the mess.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Discussion makes me wonder why AD isn't charging a premium for "tailgating" spots. $500 for assigned grass access.

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Discussion makes me wonder why AD isn't charging a premium for "tailgating" spots. $500 for assigned grass access.
don't give them ideas although I would pay and extra 50 to 100 dollars a year to have a numbered spot so I knew where my spot was. that is just me though.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Have you noticed the new numbering in the paved lots? There may be a solution coming that is worse than the current problems.
I saw that also, but in reality it really does no good as someone with a numbered spot showing up an hour before the game still has to get through the lot to park. Just because it is numbered will not necessarily make it easy to get to.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I saw that also, but in reality it really does no good as someone with a numbered spot showing up an hour before the game still has to get through the lot to park. Just because it is numbered will not necessarily make it easy to get to.
I'm not sold that it has anything to do with reserved spots in the future. It is more just a location tool. We have numbers in all of the spots in our parking garage. It is mainly so people can report incidents/emergencies with some locational accuracy. If you call for EMTs/ambulance in lot D3 it is a lot easier and quicker for them to get there if you add space 574. They can quickly tell on a map exactly in lot D3 they are going.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
True, right @ImJustKCClone ?

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
If you are not tailgating park in a spot like this:

View attachment 117276

and leave spots like this for tailgaters:

View attachment 117277

and this:

View attachment 117278

and this:

View attachment 117279

This isnt Rocket Science.
I don't disagree but get there when the lots open if you want a specific spot. We parked in the same spot in A5 for the past 4 years, got bumped to A4 this year and have had the same spot at the 3 games so far. 1 with 2 free diagonal marked spots. A5 has a handful of passes for media folks and they always seem to be good about parking in the not so great tailgating spots.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
True. But the person complaining apparently wasn't the "owner" of the space, just one of the guests. We have not been back to a game yet to test the theory due to travel and such. Our next game in attendance will be KU in November. :(
You should make an arrangement with someone to pay for your spot since they would be able to set up their 10x10 tent on your spot and still have room for your motorized skateboard of a car.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You should make an arrangement with someone to pay for your spot since they would be able to set up their 10x10 tent on your spot and still have room for your motorized skateboard of a car.
We were driving Cherry Bomb that day because the Taco car was loaded up on a trailer and we were lazy. :D

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I don't disagree but get there when the lots open if you want a specific spot. We parked in the same spot in A5 for the past 4 years, got bumped to A4 this year and have had the same spot at the 3 games so far. 1 with 2 free diagonal marked spots. A5 has a handful of passes for media folks and they always seem to be good about parking in the not so great tailgating spots.
I agree to a point, but not everyone can always get their and be in line right when the lots open. Sometimes you may want to only come 4 hours early to tailgate rather than 6+. Etc.

Not to mention how much of a cluster they have made it now with the 6 hour window and no line up before 30m.

My point still stands though if you have the option to take a good tailgate spot or a not good spot, in a similar location, and you dont plan to tailgate, in your spot, common sense and courtesy would be to not take the good spot.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I agree to a point, but not everyone can always get their and be in line right when the lots open. Sometimes you may want to only come 4 hours early to tailgate rather than 6+. Etc.

Not to mention how much of a cluster they have made it now with the 6 hour window and no line up before 30m.

My point still stands though if you have the option to take a good tailgate spot or a not good spot, in a similar location, and you dont plan to tailgate, in your spot, common sense and courtesy would be to not take the good spot.
They've fixed it a bit. The lots on Saturday opened 30 minutes early for example, same for the Iowa game. I've compared a lot of stuff to the Chiefs scene with the new lots. The Chiefs always open 45 minutes or an hour earlier than they advertise.

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022

you keep using that phrase common sense and courtesy. lol

Reactions: VeloClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron