Zach Johnson

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Zac Johnson idolizes Kirk Ferentz and the Hawks. I don't hate him, but can hardly blame Cyclone fans who refuse to cheer him on.

Exactly; I felt the same way about Shawn Johnson when she showed up at the Iowa State- Iowa MBB game wearing a Hawkeye Tee - way to support the State of Iowa Shawn.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
What if Zach had the following resume:

1. A first cousin who attended U of I
  2. Purchased a raffle ticket for a U of I event
  3. Stopped in Iowa City to gas up while passing through to DSM and purchased a 32 oz soda with Herky on the cup
  4. Attended the Iowa/Iowa State football game in Ames while wearing neutral colors
  5. Purchased a Cyclone Cone while attending a MBB game
  6. Good friends with an active ISU alum
Good or bad for Zach? Discuss...

Who said he was bad? He's a Hawk fan. No more, no less. I don't root for him but that's as far as it goes.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Exactly; I felt the same way about Shawn Johnson when she showed up at the Iowa State- Iowa MBB game wearing a Hawkeye Tee - way to support the State of Iowa Shawn.

I like how major local athletes are not allowed to be fans.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Wearing an Iowa shirt at Carver was to be expected. it's not like she said anything bad about ISU.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Why don't we quite worrying about Zach Johnson and worry about this
5190d1242611437-zach-johnson-n1538520311_30548707_6848.jpg

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
this thread is amazing. someone starts it giving props to an Iowan for winning AGAIN on the pga tour and it turns into "i could care less because he cheers for the hawks". ******* grow up.

Reactions: iowajazz

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
What if Zach had the following resume:

1. A first cousin who attended U of I
  2. Purchased a raffle ticket for a U of I event
  3. Stopped in Iowa City to gas up while passing through to DSM and purchased a 32 oz soda with Herky on the cup
  4. Attended the Iowa/Iowa State football game in Ames while wearing neutral colors
  5. Purchased a Cyclone Cone while attending a MBB game
  6. Good friends with an active ISU alum
Good or bad for Zach?

Discuss...

Well

1. Bad Zach
2. Bad Zach
3. Did he need gas? Cup is a toss-up.. did he choose it over a Cyclone cup? Doubtful in IA city. And sometimes you don't have a choice. Better off getting a non-discriminatory bottle of pop. Neutral Zach.
4. Neutral Zach
5. Good Zach
6. Good Zach

Looks to me like a middle of the road guy - depending on why he got gas...

:wink:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
this thread is amazing. someone starts it giving props to an Iowan for winning AGAIN on the pga tour and it turns into "i could care less because he cheers for the hawks". ******* grow up.

+1

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Wearing an Iowa shirt at Carver was to be expected. it's not like she said anything bad about ISU.

I was one of the few who got to talk to Ashton Kutcher after the game and he didn't wear Iowa stuff because the fundraiser was for All Iowans. Can't say I was uphalled by it though.

mwoodley13

Apr 20, 2006
People who root for a guy for the sole reason that he happened to be born in the same state belittling people who root against him because he roots for a rival team. I love the internet.

At no time did I ever say I rooted for the guy for being born in the state of Iowa. I said that he's an Iowan, which isn't the same thing. I also pointed out that he's a pretty damn generous one. If he was born here and was a total ****, that would be completely different. Please read and take it all in before posting.

jamesfnb

Apr 9, 2006
Zach's got quite the unique golf swing.....looks simple and it works good apparently.......

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I just looked this up: He is over 16mil for his career. Pretty impressive.

The win today actually takes his total over 3 million on the year. Not a bad career choice for the guy. 5 months, 10 or 11 golf tournaments, and 3 million dollars in his bank account. How do I switch careers with him?

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I cheer for the best interests for ISU. Zach is openly anti-ISU, is a salesman for ISU's main competitor, and is/or will be a financial resource to them. Thus I do not follow him, and prefer to see him lose. Matt Gatens is an Iowan, yet would anyone here be opposed to him not having success.

mwoodley13

Apr 20, 2006
I cheer for the best interests for ISU. Zach is openly anti-ISU, is a salesman for ISU's main competitor, and is/or will be a financial resource to them. Thus I do not follow him, and prefer to see him lose. Matt Gatens is an Iowan, yet would anyone here be opposed to him not having success.

Wow. Seriously? A salesman for the Hawkeyes? If I recall, Zach's Masters press conference quote was, "I'm Zach Johnson, and I'm from Cedar Rapids, Iowa," not "I'm Zach Johnson, go hawks!"

He attends Hawkeye sporting events, so freakin' what? He's not outisde the stadium with a bullhorn peddling Zach Johnson Hawkeye merchandise, he's not the keynote speaker at I-club events, he didn't vandalize the billboard we put up in his hometown, he doesn't have tv commercials saying "I choose Iowa," and I'd be willing to bet he's a much bigger financial supporter of Drake than he is Iowa. A salesman for the Hawks? Really?

And the Matt Gatens reference is just stupid considering he physically plays for our chief rival. And before you say it, yes he's an Iowan, and may very well be a good guy, which is what I said in my previous post, but this is just obvious. Perhaps I should've put a 3 page disclaimer on that post so you could figure out what it really means.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron