Zambrano and Barrett fight

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Trade Jacque Jones? Who in the world would want him. The season is one third over and he has one home run. He's on a pace to hit three for the year.

He is at least the 131st best oufielder in fantasy babesball!

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Too bad Big Z instigated this one. Plus remember, AJ Pierzynski deserved it, heck all White Sox deserve it.:biggrin9gp:

I wish they could hit a baseball, much less get punched in the face.

If only Z could hit the zone like he did Mr. Barrett.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I am a Royals fan. It is funny considering they have just about the same record and the Cubs spend about 70 million more per year on a roster. At least the Royals suck on the cheap and their fans are realistic about it.

Do you really run into a lot of unrealistic Cubs fans? I am a Cubs fan and hang out with a whole bunch and we're usually waiting for the other foot to fall, just like when I'm cheering on the Cyclones. The last thing I'd call our fanbase is unrealistic. Of course you have the morons who call themselves "fans" saying we're going to win it every year but that happens with all teams.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
It is going to be great when Zambrano leaves the cubs next season and signs with the Cardinals. The cubs will then go another 100 years with out a WS ring.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
It is going to be great when Zambrano leaves the cubs next season and signs with the Cardinals. The cubs will then go another 100 years with out a WS ring.

The Cardinals sure spot great talent. Take Kip Wells for instance.:laugh8kb:

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I have not seen the scrubs in the playoffs recently. They must be too busy gathering talent and waiting to make that push next season on their 100th anniversery of winning a meaningful game.

joepublic

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
The Cardinals sure spot great talent. Take Kip Wells for instance.:laugh8kb:

The birds also let Dan Haren go to Oakland. That kills me. LaRussa and Duncan screw up every young pitcher or dump them. I still want to know what the Hell they did to Ankiel to ruin him.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
If anybody should go it's Hendry. The common denominator in all these crappy years. He's assembled the worst defensive outfield in the league, and locked up the worst of the lot for 8 years. Soriano doesn't really have a position on a NL team. Whoever buys the Cubs should bring in Billy Bean. He's done the most with the least over the years. They could spend the same amount of money and actually compete.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Beane wants a manager who will be his puppet. Lou Piniella doesn't strike me as a puppet.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Well I'm a little late on this conversation!

The thing about all this, is you should have seen it coming. You look at how hard Z gets on himself for his mistakes, then add on some mental errors by others that costs even more runs, Z is definately going to show emotion on that. And with the incident last year with Barrett, I think he has anger management problems as well.

Its a shame to see such hostility coming from the clubhouse, but the fustrations are there with everyone. You dont think D-Lee holds a players only meeting, and the mangament have their meeting for nothing. There is an issue here and for whatever reason there seems to be no fix.

Jacque does seem to only be baggage at this point in time. He is a good player that could fit well as he did last year, but has no place this year.

As or championships, they usually cannot be bought. Most times than not you have to build within. The Mets tried last year and had no success. The Yanks have tried for years and still no success. Instead you get teams that just seem to have the chemistry for the year and everything just falls into place.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I can't believe Lou got an indefinately suspension from that tirade yesterday. Ok, maybe 1-2 games would have made sense so I'm curious how quick he is back in the dugout after he meets with MBL tomorrow. He kicked a little dirt, you knew with all the frustration the Cubs have right now he was going to blow up soon. I don't buy that he initiated the contact with the ump though, it looked like the ump was the one that bumped him.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
My guess is 5 games. It's just a guess I really don't have anything to back it up.
What we do need now is a win, a win, and nothing but a win.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Baseball just needs to let these guys go and start at it with the umps. At least then it will be exciting to watch.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
How are the Cubs so bad? I mean seriously...Zambrano has been their worst pitcher. Marshall, Hill, and company all have good ERAs. Their lineup is stacked but just aren't hitting. How can you not have 1 or 2 relief guys that are even serviceable???

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
How are the Cubs so bad? I mean seriously...Zambrano has been their worst pitcher. Marshall, Hill, and company all have good ERAs. Their lineup is stacked but just aren't hitting. How can you not have 1 or 2 relief guys that are even serviceable???

You can ask the White Sox about that last part.

The Cubs are just constructed in a stupid way. Jacque Jones should not be the starting CF on any team. Alfonso Soriano should be a DH somewhere.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I don't know about the Billy Bean thing, but I'm with ya all the way regarding Hendry. Can I also put in a vote to lose Rothschild and the entire training staff?

Help Support Us

Become a patron