Michael Young
Hank Blalock
Kevin Millwood
Eric Gagne
Josh Hamilton
Bobby Abreu
Ian Kinsler

There's some wasted talent...

Gagne was in Texas for half a season before he was traded to Boston, you can't include him on the list.:no:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
You gave me Nolan Ryan. Let's see what else there is:

Goose Gossage
Fergie Jenkins
Gaylord Perry
Whitey Herzog
Juan Gonzalez
Reuben Sierra
Julio Franco
Harold Baines
Rafael Palmero
Kevin Brown
Charlie Hough
Kenny Rogers
Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez
Will Clark
Mickey Tettleton
Alex Rodriguez
Alfonso Soriano
Mark Teixeira
Michael Young
Hank Blalock
Kevin Millwood
Eric Gagne
Josh Hamilton
Bobby Abreu
Ian Kinsler

There's some wasted talent...

I don't get this list at all. A-Rod won an MVP for them, but they couldn't afford to pay him anymore. They got good seasons out of Teixeira and Soriano but we're smart not to over pay for them. Some of those guys were washed up by the time they played for the Rangers. They let Juan Gonzalez go at the right time. Josh Hamilton has been a great pick up for them, how is that a list of wasted talent? You just named big name guys that have played for them at some point.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I don't get this list at all. A-Rod won an MVP for them, but they couldn't afford to pay him anymore. They got good seasons out of Teixeira and Soriano but we're smart not to over pay for them. Some of those guys were washed up by the time they played for the Rangers. They let Juan Gonzalez go at the right time. Josh Hamilton has been a great pick up for them, how is that a list of wasted talent? You just named big name guys that have played for them at some point.

Granted (some big names who have played for them at some point), but they started this whole contract mess, and couldn't afford guys like Texiera and Soriano because of the asinine contract they gave A-Rod. I was merely stating that organization is just as bad, or worse, historically than the Cubs, and have done their fair share of "******* talent down their leg".

When was last they were in the playoffs?

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
Granted (some big names who have played for them at some point), but they started this whole contract mess, and couldn't afford guys like Texiera and Soriano because of the asinine contract they gave A-Rod. I was merely stating that organization is just as bad, or worse, historically than the Cubs, and have done their fair share of "******* talent down their leg".

When was last they were in the playoffs?

I don't when the last time they were in the playoffs was but they have been doing a good job on getting good pitching when they play in that launch pad of a park. The Rangers haven't made it to the playoffs mainly because of their pitching in the past. Their offense has been good to great most seasons. Now that they got the pitching they need they could be making a serious run to the playoffs this year. Possibly getting beat by the Twins:wink:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I don't when the last time they were in the playoffs was but they have been doing a good job on getting good pitching when they play in that launch pad of a park. The Rangers haven't made it to the playoffs mainly because of their pitching in the past. Their offense has been good to great most seasons. Now that they got the pitching they need they could be making a serious run to the playoffs this year. Possibly getting beat by the Twins:wink:

If the Twins are going to beat them in the playoffs, they better do it this year because the Rangers are loaded in the minors. They have more talent down there than even the Rays, they could be good for a long time, especially in the division they play in.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
If the Twins are going to beat them in the playoffs, they better do it this year because the Rangers are loaded in the minors. They have more talent down there than even the Rays, they could be good for a long time, especially in the division they play in.

Or, they could just **** it down their leg :smile:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron