MLB: Zambrano suspended six games

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
Same here. Don't throw the glove, ball, and destroy the gatorade machine and I honestly think they don't suspend him. I think the bump was seen as an accident.

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
It was awesome though. I liked when he took out the gatorade cooler.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
With the Cubs having an off day on Monday, this doesn’t even affect them. Zambrano would have pitched again on Tuesday, and will now be able to pitch again on Thursday. You can throw Wells on Tuesday and Lilly on Wednesday, both on 5 days rest. Of course, if he decides to appeal, this won't be the case...

Last edited:

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
If you look back though at the video the ump actually initiated the contact between them...I am not a Cub fan and definately not a Zambrano fan, but think the ump should be punished too.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
He needs to go back on his meds. My gosh, don't you cub fans get sick of his antics every year?

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
He needs to go back on his meds. My gosh, don't you cub fans get sick of his antics every year?

He plays with a lot of passion, something that is pretty rare in MLB these days. How many starting pitchers lay down a bunt for a single and run out every ground ball? The guys is balls to the walls every game he's out there. If the ump hadn't bumped into him and thrown him out, this would have been nothing. But, umpires today seem to have the need to be in the spotlight. Just the way it is...

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Har har. I'm still waiting for the proof that Manny used roids. Anyone got it?

Can't wait to paste the cubbies the next 4 days either.

How about the fact that he's sitting out for 1/3 of the season, and has no appeal? And how about the positive test? I really don't have access to the actual test, if that's what you need, though. Sorry...

AIT

May 29, 2008
Johnston, IA

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
For a banned substance, yes. Not for roids even though he's pretty much been tried and convicted in the court of public know-it-alls who never played the game.

Well I did play the game. Regardless, he broke the rules, cheated, and thus he will get a lot of ridicule from fans. And deservingly so.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Well I did play the game. Regardless, he broke the rules, cheated, and thus he will get a lot of ridicule from fans. And deservingly so.

I was referring mainly to the talking heads on ESPN, etc. And the substance he tested positive on was only recently added to the banned list. How convenient. I agree about the ridicule but he's also 4th in all star voting so it's not like it's en vogue to bash on him either. Fact is, drugs or not, he's one of the best to ever play the game.

Speaking of which, Z certainly displays rage associated with said banned substances. How often does he get tested?

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I was referring mainly to the talking heads on ESPN, etc. And the substance he tested positive on was only recently added to the banned list. How convenient. I agree about the ridicule but he's also 4th in all star voting so it's not like it's en vogue to bash on him either. Fact is, drugs or not, he's one of the best to ever play the game.

Speaking of which, Z certainly displays rage associated with said banned substances. How often does he get tested?

You mean like physically abuse the clubhouse guy rage?