Zambrano to pitch long relief maybe headed back to rotation?

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano may be working his way back into the starting rotation.
Chicago manager Lou Piniella said Zambrano would be "stretched out" so he can be switched from short to long relief.
"He [Lou Piniella] told me today there may be a chance I'll go back to the rotation," Zambrano said. "We'll see how everything works out in the next few days for me."
Since joining the bullpen on April 24, Zambrano has pitched in eight games and has a 6.23 ERA.

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
it was a nice try but Big Z never pitches great at the start of games he starts so no surprise he wasn't a shut down set up man. he is more of a work horse that will give you 110 pitches every 5 days.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
agreed about the workhorse part. with this offenses inconsistency, he might not pitch for 3,4 days. thats not good for his arm in my opinion after starting for the last 8 years. looks like the offense is starting to pick up a little bit.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs are reversing the move that put Carlos Zambrano in the bullpen.
Cubs manager Lou Piniella says Zambrano will return to the rotation.
Zambrano's shift to the bullpen earlier this season didn't help the team's eighth-inning relief woes or improve his own performance.
Piniella said before Tuesday night's game that Zambrano would start again.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Worst idea ever. I still can't believe Lou thought that might work. Grabow would have trouble with the I-Cubs... we should have gotten rid of someone like Derek Lee and gotten a good middle reliever.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Absolutely not. Marshall is the only P holding the bullpen together. Without him the cubs would be even worse. (if that is possible)
marshall + marmol..hes been basically lights out except for the fact that he doesnt get enough appearances..john grabow on the other hand...