Zavier Simpson's (Michigan) fishy story

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
What was his behavior though? Borrowing his friends' care to drive somewhere late at night and getting into an accident? It doesn't appear he was intoxicated. It's probably against NCAA rules to borrow a car owned by the AD, even if it was his friend, but its not really that egregious. If they find out he was intoxicated or something its a different story. A 1 or 2 game suspension seems about right for being out that late and using the bad judgement of lying to the cops. Other than that, this doesn't seem like THAT big a story.
I'm pretty sure that the chances are pushing 100% that you will have to pass a sobriety test if you get pulled over or get in an accident, get caught lying to the cops, and stumble around after 3:00 in the morning as a black man in Ann Arbor - unless the cops recognize you as a player on the home basketball team.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I'm too lazy to look it up but didn't several Fab 5 members already come out and blatantly say they were getting paid?
Last I knew, the other one's wouldn't talk to Chris Weber because he was the first one to admit it. Maybe they are just jealous that he slept with Sarah Palin.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
What was his behavior though? Borrowing his friends' care to drive somewhere late at night and getting into an accident? It doesn't appear he was intoxicated. It's probably against NCAA rules to borrow a car owned by the AD, even if it was his friend, but its not really that egregious. If they find out he was intoxicated or something its a different story. A 1 or 2 game suspension seems about right for being out that late and using the bad judgement of lying to the cops. Other than that, this doesn't seem like THAT big a story.

What would be the punishment for anyone else that provided a false name to police? You'd at least be cited for that, yes?

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
IIRC, Jiri also received a pair of jeans. That bumped the suspension up 5 games...

I don't see an issue with borrowing a friends car. But since the car is tied to the AD, that has to be an issue.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
And Johnny had him too - until...

Glen's older brother, Daron was on the ISU football team.
Almost had Loy Vaught too. And it ended up being a damn good class even without Rice and Vaught.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Almost had Loy Vaught too. And it ended up being a damn good class even without Rice and Vaught.

I'd forgotten Vaught was a possibility. Assuming no recruiting position conflicts, ISU 88-89 could have been:
Glen Rice (senior)
Elmer Robinson (senior)
Marc Urquhart (senior)
Loy Vaught (junior)
Terry Woods (junior)
Victor Alexander (sophomore)
Mark Baugh (sophomore)
Sam Mack (freshman)

Reactions: VeloClone