Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
This is sounding less and less like a game that a middle-aged dad can play for an hour or so a week.

Yeah. The one downside to open world RPG games is that they are hard to jump in and out of and even remember what you are doing (or trying to find the time to farm materials and items to craft stuff).

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The only crafting game I've really ever gotten into was Valheim, because there is a point to building something decent (base protection) and it's pretty easy to do. Other than that, I do the absolute minimum possible.

I tried Valheim after reading your post here. I get why people like it. I played until I beat the first boss, that giant electro deer thing, but honestly I quit after that. It combines frustration with tons of crafting and oh man there was no way I was getting through that one.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I wish I hadn't looked at this. According to my profile, I've already logged over 70 hours in ToTK. My total log for BotW was over 110.

It's been, what, 3 weeks? I can't recall a time when I left the game on unattended all day or anything. I've legitimately played almost all of that time. Yet another worthy reminder that I have no life.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I wish I hadn't looked at this. According to my profile, I've already logged over 70 hours in ToTK. My total log for BotW was over 110.

It's been, what, 3 weeks? I can't recall a time when I left the game on unattended all day or anything. I've legitimately played almost all of that time. Yet another worthy reminder that I have no life.

I haven’t checked that yet but you have me beat. I’m not sure I want to know my BOTW time, I came back to it multiple times with a new save file.

So far it seems like I could play ToTK for longer, this game is ridiculously massive considering you’re playing it on something slightly bigger than your phone.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Know it's not Zelda related but has anyone played the Diablo games? I'd been a big fan of those for a while, I preordered Diablo 4 and got a few days early access before it released. Holy crap it's great, sunk a lot of hours in my weekend downtime

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I haven’t checked that yet but you have me beat. I’m not sure I want to know my BOTW time, I came back to it multiple times with a new save file.

So far it seems like I could play ToTK for longer, this game is ridiculously massive considering you’re playing it on something slightly bigger than your phone.
Haven't seen my hours yet, but the game has really opened up. I am running into the same thing I did in BOTW where I get distracted from the things that have distracted me from the main story. Going to find a piece of gear, run across a great fairy and decide to work on those then BAM another shrine and I forget what I was even doing. I have 11 open Chrome tabs of things I want to get to and the money bet is on it getting to 12 before it gets to 10...

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38 and bos

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Awesome - thanks for that info. At first glance I have no idea how to sign up for that forum but will look into it
Click on your picture at the top of the screen and then preferences, but it looks like you only have to opt into politics and in-state rivalry forums now, so they must have removed that for gaming and hobbies. It used to be opt in only for some reason. So I guess never mind. Click the link and it should work.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Click on your picture at the top of the screen and then preferences, but it looks like you only have to opt into politics and in-state rivalry forums now, so they must have removed that for gaming and hobbies. It used to be opt in only for some reason. So I guess never mind. Click the link and it should work.
Yeah the link didn't work, says I need to upgrade my account. I'll send a message to a mod or something and see. Thanks!

• Sad
Reactions: NorthCyd

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron