MLB: Zito and his $126 million to the bullpen

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
They'd probably be pretty embarrassed if their $126 million man lost 20 games.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
They'd probably be pretty embarrassed if their $126 million man lost 20 games.

Good thing they moved him to the bullpen because at the rate he was going, he was going to lose 20 games by the All-Star break!

That's a lot of bank...gotta love MLB's guaranteed contracts.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
This is unprecedented territory for a bad signing. I dont think there is any option that is not possible if he continues throwing batting practice during games.

JRCampy

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
At the rate he was going it could.
Last week he had a 17 ERA... in just 2 games

I believe after players have enough years in the majors they aren't allowed to be optioned to that team's farm system, only after an injury will you see a veteran play for a minor league club. I believe that the team has to release the player to get them off the roster... I've been known to be wrong before however...:wink:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Unless he put a clause in his contract, then Zito still has options left, beleive it or not... He was almost optioned down to the minors a few years ago. This isn't Kevin Brown bad, yet, but could be. I don't think he was ever on the juice, as he has never really thrown harder than 88-89 but when you throw 80 with a slow curve you aren't going to fool anyone. I think the major problem is either he a) has an injury he isn't telling people about or they can't pinpoint or b) a major mechanical flaw. I'm going with B as his arm action just hasnt looked right the last couple of years...

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Not only that, but this is going to kill my fantasy team! (Well, maybe not.)

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Unless he put a clause in his contract, then Zito still has options left, beleive it or not... He was almost optioned down to the minors a few years ago. This isn't Kevin Brown bad, yet, but could be. I don't think he was ever on the juice, as he has never really thrown harder than 88-89 but when you throw 80 with a slow curve you aren't going to fool anyone. I think the major problem is either he a) has an injury he isn't telling people about or they can't pinpoint or b) a major mechanical flaw. I'm going with B as his arm action just hasnt looked right the last couple of years...

This one might be the only one that could beat "Mike Hampton to the rockies contract" bad.