Zoran Talley provides "big-time help" for ISU as his health improves

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
This probably isn't a popular opinion but depending on what the other team does I'd like to see Talley starting over Young.

I agree. Solo is bulky, has slow reaction time and lateral movement, and is generally effective only against other players that are similarly bulky. He's a liability defending stretch fours on the perimeter.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This probably isn't a popular opinion but depending on what the other team does I'd like to see Talley starting over Young.

I'd like to see:

4: Young 15 min, Talley 15 min, Brase 10 min
5: Lard 30 min, Young 10 min

Young is one of our five best players, but he and Lard are both 5's, and that limits what we can do on offense and how we can defend on defense.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I agree. Solo is bulky, has slow reaction time and lateral movement, and is generally effective only against other players that are similarly bulky. He's a liability defending stretch fours on the perimeter.

Young gives the clones that tough, down low defender. There have been times when other teams bigs go off for career highs because the more athletic guys just got shoved out of the way. No great answers, but having another option is always a good deal. Now if Taley could make 37% of his 3s....

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

I doubt that Prohm wants his top two guys off the bench to be Young and Brase because it would screw up how he wants to rest the guards. Could just end up giving Lewis some of Young’s minutes.

Talley has played more minutes every game since he’s been back, so he could be up to 28-30 minutes as soon tomorrow.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'd like to see:

4: Young 15 min, Talley 15 min, Brase 10 min
5: Lard 30 min, Young 10 min

Young is one of our five best players, but he and Lard are both 5's, and that limits what we can do on offense and how we can defend on defense.
This looks good. Don't see why it couldn't work either, the guards would be essentially unaffected unless I'm missing something