Arnaud

EddieISU

Aug 16, 2008
Waukee "The Key", iowa
It's conference time and AA as a captain and quarterback needs to step up his game. I think he will and hopefully we can start becoming successfully throwing the ball down the field.

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
I agree. The first 3 games I thought AA was off. He was either throwing too high, or low, with not much touch. This last game I think AA played a pretty solid game and a lot of times when he missed receivers it was either he was throwing to a spot where the defender couldn't get to it or the receiver wasn't there. I think the receivers are not helping AA out much here. They aren't getting enough separation and aren't on the same page as the QB.

Fail.... but i suppose u are right about the bolded part because it is rather hard for a defender to get to a ball thrown five feet into the ground in front of the receiver...

I dont like this post at all and i dotn think it makes much sense at all

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Fail.... but i suppose u are right about the bolded part because it is rather hard for a defender to get to a ball thrown five feet into the ground in front of the receiver...

I dont like this post at all and i dotn think it makes much sense at all

Dude, you've made your point. You hate Austen. Let it go. Holy crap. Right now Austen is our best and really only option. Get used to it.

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
I dont think people should worry or give up on him. We keep forgetting he is learning a new sytem, the coaches are probaly changing a few things on how he throws the ball, his top 2 recievers from last year are not on the field, while his 3rd top reciever from last year is slumping. I think Herman is relearning how to call games, he didnt have a RB threat last year and is trying to figure out a good ballance between the run and pass and when to call certin plays. Give it time.

learning a new system doesnt mean that he has to miss receivers as bad as he does.

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
Dude, you've made your point. You hate Austen. Let it go. Holy crap. Right now Austen is our best and really only option. Get used to it.

just trying to figure what is goin through everyone's heads.

and the bolded part kinda makes me mad. I dont hate AA, i hope that maybe what you meant to say is that i dont want him on the field. AA is a great guy and no doubt a leader. so no i do not HATE AA. anyone who literally hates a football player is kinda a ******

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
just trying to figure what is goin through everyone's heads.

and the bolded part kinda makes me mad. I dont hate AA, i hope that maybe what you meant to say is that i dont want him on the field. AA is a great guy and no doubt a leader. so no i do not HATE AA. anyone who literally hates a football player is kinda a ******

What is your cure exactly? Who can take snaps right now and be more effective than Austen Arnaud is? I'll give you a hint, the answer is nobody. All you have ever done is rip into Austen and it's complete crap. We don't have a better option. Austen could throw for 400 yards and you'd still think he isn't a Big 12 quarterback.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that AA has to get a LOT better if ISU is going to win any more games. We've run out of non-BCS patsies. I was really disappointed that Tiller didn't see some action last night when ISU was up by 3 TDs. I thought that maybe they were keeping AA in to try to get the passing game going a little, but all they did was hand off and run the QB. IMO that was a dumb play, if for nothing else than the need to placate Tiller a little. We don't need him transferring and sitting him during mop up time may not force a transfer, but it can't help.

Total McCarney move to keep your starting QB in up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: Swanson10

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
What is your cure exactly? Who can take snaps right now and be more effective than Austen Arnaud is? I'll give you a hint, the answer is nobody. All you have ever done is rip into Austen and it's complete crap. We don't have a better option. Austen could throw for 400 yards and you'd still think he isn't a Big 12 quarterback.

i think we can be adults here and just agree to disagree, there isnt a better option and ill admit it. this thread was made to get opinions and i gave my mine.

u have your opinion and i have mine but reguardless it comes down to the coaches and i trust what they do.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
PASSING GAME

Is it me or does our passing game seem miles behind where it was last year. I am really pleased with the new D and our running game but what is wrong with our passing attack??? Am I way off??

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't think Brett Meyer improved much after his sophomore season. I see a lot of similarities this year with receivers not being open and with the QB runs being a big factor in the offense. I hope we can make a turn around, but the opposing defenses are going to be tough from here on out.

The Meyer comparison has some merit to it. Brett came off of a solid soph year and played well in the bowl game but I think AA showed some more promise even though he played on a worse team.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
He is on his 3rd O coordinator in 4 years. We are 4 games into this season. But, yeah, he should look like he has run this offense for years, so let's send him packing.

My goodness some people here don't have a frickin clue.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
i think we can be adults here and just agree to disagree, there isnt a better option and ill admit it. this thread was made to get opinions and i gave my mine.

u have your opinion and i have mine but reguardless it comes down to the coaches and i trust what they do.

Has someone been skipping English class?

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Doing nothing more than echoing some of the better posts in this thread but there are two big factors as to why he is not performing as well this year to start.

One, his timing with his receivers has yet to fully develop. The underneath routes are always a step behind. Whether this be on his throws or on his receivers' lack of separation. Against NDSU it felt a lot like it was on Austen but after watching Army I have a feeling a lot of the issue is receivers not getting the needed separation to really make things click.

Two, our offense is not suited to his strengths. Austen excels at throwing the intermediate 15-20 yard routes behind the linebackers and underneath the safeties. He also is a much better thrower on the run. With the lack of plays from under center in this offense it is harder to run a play fake and roll him out to find someone open.

His touch on the deep ball is very good too but that is a play that can only be run effectively a few times a game. Especially if the only receiver getting any kind of separation is Hamilton.

We need to be patient with this offense. Let it create an identity for itself and build from there. Remember the leaps and bounds our offense made between Year 1 and Year 2 of Chizik. I think we would all argue that Herman is going to be a more creative coordinator than McFarland.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
its his THIRD offense in his time here

it will take some time for him to adjust. i think we will be able to tell a lot about our coaches as the season goes on. if they are doing their jobs well i think we will be able to see marked improvements in offensive efficiency as the season goes on.

i think a lot of people on here expected this. my expectation are not that high for a dominant offense this year. but next year, once the system is in place, and we return the bulk of the offense, this SHOULD start to improve.

it is very rare for a new offense to be installed and have immediate stellar results.