Things I Admire About the Iowa Hawkeyes

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It would be epic if you came up with 341 things to admire about Iowa.
vodka-samm-painting.jpg

Wait. That's a decimal point. That's much more realistic.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Agree with all of them...
And I'm glad you included the last one. Anyone who has a bad word for that tradition doesn't have children, will never have children, and was never a child...they were born elderly and grouchy.

That wave is an appalling exploitative gimmick.

Case in point...
:D

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
F.Y.I. when people use the underground parking garage, say to go see their sick child at the hospital, 100% of the money you pay to use that garage goes to the University of Iowa Athletic Department. The hospital doesn't see a dime.

This information came from one a nurse who worked there when I was a patient at the hospital.

Also, when there is a home game, the underground parking garage is first come, first serve. None of those spots are reserved for people who are visiting the hospital. Edit: Same nurse told me this as well, roughly two years ago. Their policy might have changed.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
F.Y.I. when people use the underground parking garage, say to go see their sick child at the hospital, 100% of the money you pay to use that garage goes to the University of Iowa Athletic Department. The hospital doesn't see a dime.

I get this information from one of the nurses who worked there.
Did the hospital pay to build the garage?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The only thing I 'admire' is the Iowa fan's willingness to provide continuing material for future ITFID segments.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I didn't ask. I see where you are going with that question and it is a valid point.
Yup. I wasn't trying to trap you...I was just wanting more info before forming an opinion. If the AD built the garage and allows the hospital to use it, then AD should be able to set the conditions (usage, distribution of income from users, etc). If the hospital built the garage, the same applies to them.

JackCyclone

Jan 31, 2013
From Fitzy? Surely you jest!?!

Unfortunately I don't know the dude well enough at this point to have any kind of barometer of what to expect in his articles. Gonna be looking forward to more of this moving forward though.

While I'm at it, I absolutely love this week. Can't wait for Saturday and the build up leading to the game is so much fun. I just hate Iowa so much. I always hear fans saying "Well I'm an Iowa State fan but I root for Iowa when they're not playing the Hawkeyes." or vise versa. I am 100% opposite of this line of thinking- I want them to lose every game that they play.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
They do manage to attract people who have no connection at all to the place to go watch their games. My slack jawed mouth breather cousins take out loans to buy season football tickets. Not one person has ever gone to school there, worked there, they might have been seen at UIHC for mental health issues but that is it.