Official Bowl Watch thread

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
I am really hoping for the Camping World since I am already going to be in Tampa from Dec 25th-27th. Instead of going to Miami on the 28th, I will take the family over to Orlando for the game instead!!!

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
With as much as we've been hosed in the NCAA tourney, it's weird we don't have some sort of bad blood with 'cuse.
Maybe the whole Wesley Johnson situation, but most people rightfully blame McDermott for that one.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I am really hoping for the Camping World since I am already going to be in Tampa from Dec 25th-27th. Instead of going to Miami on the 28th, I will take the family over to Orlando for the game instead!!!
I live in Ft Lauderdale. Really want them in Orlando. Be like a lucid dream.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Someone posted a couple of days ago an interesting take. If we are lucky enough to finish 9-3, maybe we benefit by not going to big 12 champ game. Any chance a ny6 bowl picks us at large?

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Someone posted a couple of days ago an interesting take. If we are lucky enough to finish 9-3, maybe we benefit by not going to big 12 champ game. Any chance a ny6 bowl picks us at large?
Short answer YES,

Although we wouldn’t be “picked” we will have earned it. IF we win out and we are at 16 now we’d only need to move 4 spots to get into the Top 12.

• Agree
Reactions: shawn_200m

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Short answer YES,

Although we wouldn’t be “picked” we will have earned it. IF we win out and we are at 16 now we’d only need to move 4 spots to get into the Top 12.

It sounds easy enough to move up 4 spots in 3 weeks, but if you look at the teams ahead of us and who is all left on their schedule...it looks a lot more challenging.

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
It sounds easy enough to move up 4 spots in 3 weeks, but if you look at the teams ahead of us and who is all left on their schedule...it looks a lot more challenging.
agreed Syracuse will not stay in that 12th spot and florida and PSU are right behind them with two easy games left on their schedule. Everyone else in front of them only have 1 big time match up left, a lot of which are against other top 10 teams (i.e Championship games, and OU/WVU, tOSU/MICH) UCF slipping late in the season wont matter as a G5 spot will be filled regardless. This is a wierd year as there are fewer teams with 2 losses at this point in the year than prior years of the CFP.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio

Me also. Will be in Tampa area till Dec 29th. I could see us driving over to Orlando if ISU is there. PHONE CALL: Heh, CMC, I need good, free seats for my boy and I since my son blocked effectively enough to allow you to get this plush ISU job!!!!
PIRATE emoji LOL

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
agreed Syracuse will not stay in that 12th spot and florida and PSU are right behind them with two easy games left on their schedule. Everyone else in front of them only have 1 big time match up left, a lot of which are against other top 10 teams (i.e Championship games, and OU/WVU, tOSU/MICH) UCF slipping late in the season wont matter as a G5 spot will be filled regardless. This is a wierd year as there are fewer teams with 2 losses at this point in the year than prior years of the CFP.

I wonder how the CFP would compare ISU to the loser of the Big 12 championship game in this scenario. If WVU beats OU and then loses to them in the championship, they'd be 11-2 and 8-1 in conference. If OU loses to WVU twice, they'd be 10-3 and 7-2 in conference but have beaten ISU head-to-head. I think it'd be tough for ISU at 9-3 and 7-2 in conference to jump them.

I know the committee won't ever say it affects the rankings but I think trying to get 3 Big 12 teams into the New Year's 6 will be a challenge.

• Agree
Reactions: wclarson

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
I wonder how the CFP would compare ISU to the loser of the Big 12 championship game in this scenario. If WVU beats OU and then loses to them in the championship, they'd be 11-2 and 8-1 in conference. If OU loses to WVU twice, they'd be 10-3 and 7-2 in conference but have beaten ISU head-to-head. I think it'd be tough for ISU at 9-3 and 7-2 in conference to jump them.

I know the committee won't ever say it affects the rankings but I think trying to get 3 Big 12 teams into the New Year's 6 will be a challenge.
IMO the more realistic scenario is if we beat Texas this week, we actually leap-frog Penn St. (who will beat Rutgers) and Florida (who will beat Rice). If Syracuse loses to ND, I think there is a good chance we could be at #12 next week without any other upsets happening, such as OSU beating WV. It's not a slam dunk, but I do think that the quality of that Texas win could be enough to vault over the other 3 loss teams since they have no chances left for good wins.

• Optimistic

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Do any of the NY6 bowl locations also serve as the home field to teams considered for them? Because this is how we have the best chance at playing in one.

• Creative

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
So doomsday scenario...

1.) KSU beats ISU
2.) Incarnate Word makes the second round of the playoffs, so the game never happens. ISU finishes 6-5
3.) OU beats WVU and Texas, but doesn’t make the Playoffs
4.) Texas and WVU miss out on the New Years 6

Bowl selection would look like this...
Orange - OU
Alamo - Texas
Camping World - WVU
Texas - Tech/BU winner (Texas bowl will always take a Texas team)
Liberty - OSU (Avoid ISU since we were there last season)
Cheez-It Bowl - KSU (Synder’s Last game)
Armed Forces Bowl - ISU

It’s possible

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
So doomsday scenario...

1.) KSU beats ISU
2.) Incarnate Word makes the second round of the playoffs, so the game never happens. ISU finishes 6-5
3.) OU beats WVU and Texas, but doesn’t make the Playoffs
4.) Texas and WVU miss out on the New Years 6

Bowl selection would look like this...
Orange - OU
Alamo - Texas
Camping World - WVU
Texas - Tech/BU winner (Texas bowl will always take a Texas team)
Liberty - OSU (Avoid ISU since we were there last season)
Cheez-It Bowl - KSU (Synder’s Last game)
Armed Forces Bowl - ISU

It’s possible

When it comes to bowl selections playing IW makes no difference at all..it is where we finish in the conf and what bowl wants to take us after Sugar bowl takes OU assuming they dont make playoffs.

I’m not ruling out KU beating TX next weekend @KU either.

You think the Liberty Bowl is going to avoid a fan base that will bring 15-20k fans their and choose Okie state who will bring maybe 8k..maybe? Just bc we went there last year doesnt mean we cant go there again.

I think we end up in either the Camping World bowl or Cheez it..

We will beat KSU. And it is entirely possible that OU can make the playoffs. Georgia will lose again and I”m predicting tOSU will beat Michigan..BIG will be left out again...Heck I think tOSU will drop a spot or two after that performance.

• Funny
Reactions: NoCreativity