All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This is a bit of a lazy take clonedude. Iowa's SOS is in the top 35 so saying it was beyond pathetic is an emotional statement. Iowa State is our best win but not by far.
ISU is ranked. No other team Iowa has beat is close to being ranked. Saying otherwise is dumb. Maryland, Indiana? Some smart guy is going to say a 7-4 MAC team that got their asses kicked by garbage FSU.

It's OK, ISU is clearly Iowa's best win. No shame in that.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This is a bit of a lazy take clonedude. Iowa's SOS is in the top 35 so saying it was beyond pathetic is an emotional statement. Iowa State is our best win but not by far.

Lol who is your second best win against? We're your best win by far

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Well....those numbers are gonna take a hit
Shouldn't be too bad of a hit, but he'll likely drop out of the top five. Two more games to make up for it.

Opposing defenses have some good schemes against us now. Baylor did, and so did Texas. We're vulnurable to sideline throws and delayed intermediate throws to LBs/their vacated spaces. Our DL hasn't been getting enough push, they've dropped down at least one peg since Uwazirike went down. If we can't get pressure, we're in bad shape against decent QBs.

Texas best us up pretty bad on both sides of the line, and it showed. Couldn't generate any steady offense on our end, and couldn't reliably stop theirs. They probably could've/would've scored more if Ehlinger stayed in. Our secondary is gonna take a hit now with Payne down, too.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
"Iowa State is our best win but not by far." Please defend that quote because this will be entertaining
Remember we weren’t ranked when they beat us. Iowa has not beaten a ranked team this year. That’s EXACTLY WHAT bonereyes claim.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Shouldn't be too bad of a hit, but he'll likely drop out of the top five. Two more games to make up for it.

Opposing defenses have some good schemes against us now. Baylor did, and so did Texas. We're vulnurable to sideline throws and delayed intermediate throws to LBs/their vacated spaces. Our DL hasn't been getting enough push, they've dropped down at least one peg since Uwazirike went down. If we can't get pressure, we're in bad shape against decent QBs.

Texas best us up pretty bad on both sides of the line, and it showed. Couldn't generate any steady offense on our end, and couldn't reliably stop theirs. They probably could've/would've scored more if Ehlinger stayed in. Our secondary is gonna take a hit now with Payne down, too.
Great post

Don’t get me wrong...I think Purdy is very promising and have said as much. I just think the hype train got out of control a bit. :)

Thanks for the break down

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Great post

Don’t get me wrong...I think Purdy is very promising and have said as much. I just think the hype train got out of control a bit. :)

I'd still take Purdy over Stanley any day. But I suppose I'm a bit biased.

Reactions: dexterhawk

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Great post

Just as it was off the rails saying fs was a top-tier qb coming into season?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
That was a well thought out response. He stated that Iowa’s schedule was pathetic. I posted that it’s not and provided an objective reason why.

I dumbed it down for you. You idiots sure are on a high after beating a pathetic team. Where were you the last 3 weeks?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Great post

Purdy was bound to have a "freshman game" at some point. I didn't think his decision-making was great last night, but his OL certainly wasn't putting him in positions to make great decisions, either. At the end of the day, I do think he is the ideal guy and skillset that CMC wants in his offense's QB. Hes got oodles of time to develop and mature as a player.

What I think also goes a little unnoticed yesterday was that we didn't really miss Montgomery as much as a runner in the first half as we did a blocker -- our backups don't seem to block as well as he does, and unfortunately for us, it's often necessary.

Last edited:

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Purdy was bound to have a "freshman game" at some point. I didn't think his decision-making was great last night, but his OL certainly wasn't putting him in positions to make great decisions, either. At the end of the day, I do think he is the ideal guy and skillset that CMC wants in his offense's QB. Hes got oodles of time to develop and mature as a player.

What I think also goes a little unnoticed yesterday was that we didn't really miss Montgomery as much as a runner in the first half as we did a blocker -- our backups don't seem to block as well as he does, and unfortunately for us, it's often necessary.
Yes, a couple of those sacks was Kene not being able to block his guy. Like, not even close.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Yes, a couple of those sacks was Kene not being able to block his guy. Like, not even close.
We have to find an OL someday. I get that it takes time to do that, but OL has hands-down been holding us back this year and last year.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
We have to find an OL someday. I get that it takes time to do that, but OL has hands-down been holding us back this year and last year.

They're not as awful as some say but the next step up is pedestrian.