Miami WR Cager to Transfer

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I have a little inside info on this, as well. I know one of his advisors, and they said that Scates is a really good kid who really enjoys Iowa State, and has been just kicking himself for his screw ups. Like you said, time will tell, but he apparently has a lot of drive to stay on the straight and narrow, now.

That's great to hear. I figured the second suspension must of been more of your typical Freshman brain fart than something serious since he wasn't dismissed.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I have a little inside info on this, as well. I know one of his advisors, and they said that Scates is a really good kid who really enjoys Iowa State, and has been just kicking himself for his screw ups. Like you said, time will tell, but he apparently has a lot of drive to stay on the straight and narrow, now.

I have seen that posted on the board in another thread, maybe that was you too, but anyway, it is good to see he is trying to work it out. CMC does not recruit a lot of guys with issues, so I was surprised that the 4 freshman got in trouble. Kids will be kids.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

Man I post info similar to this and I get nothing but disagrees and optimistics but you get over 20 likes, you sir are a CF god. :D

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Yeah, I'd like Butler to stay, or to pull in a transfer with skills equal to Butler's.

Are you suggesting that Cager has the same skill level and capabilities as Butler?
"why would ISU want to add a receiver that drops passes?"

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Anyone know what his status is with the coaching staff? Most of what I've read/heard about the kid has been negative and not related to play on the field.

Full steam ahead? Double Secret Probation?

He's a really good kid who makes some bad decisions that aren't harmful to other people. It also really bothers him that he's made the mistakes he's made because there is a huge feeling of loyalty to Matt Campbell and this program for sticking with him.

So he's the kid you root for.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This is what I see on Scates tapes which scream future star.

He's six two or three but he takes a screen from zero to top end like a smaller slot guy.

He excells at high pointing the jump ball.

He is fast, top end he runs away from defenders.

He's got a Troy Davis type vision down field where he can make that cut that opens the field.

Balance, runs thru tackles. Not beast mode yet but give him a chance to get stronger.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
This is what I see on Scates tapes which scream future star.

He's six two or three but he takes a screen from zero to top end like a smaller slot guy.

He excells at high pointing the jump ball.

He is fast, top end he runs away from defenders.

He's got a Troy Davis type vision down field where he can make that cut that opens the field.

Balance, runs thru tackles. Not beast mode yet but give him a chance to get stronger.

I see this as well. Crazy thing is, his high school tapes DO look pretty damn similar to Randy Moss' high school tapes. Doesn't mean much if he doesn't develop though.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Hope Cager commits, but even if he does, we need to not plan on being as dependent on him as we were on Butler this year.
I'm good if he chooses to be a Cyclone--then proves to only be the second or third best outside receiver...with sixty catches or so.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I likey... let’s cage this guy (relax SpokaneCy...it’s a play on words). Guessing “secure his services” or “lock up” his commitment are off the table for you, too.

I think I'm missing something... Did I post something in this thread? I love a good play on words...

Reactions: cyyote15