Prohm to Alabama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alenz95

Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
It really isn’t. Regionally and money wise and cache Alabama dwarfs Iowa State.

Why aren’t you celebrating this? You repeatedly commented on how bad he was this year.

If that's the case why hasn't Alabama been in the tournament 7 of the last 8 years? If we're going of finance do you also think Iowa Basketball is a better job?

There is so much more that goes into making a coaching position a good job in basketball.

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It really isn’t. Regionally and money wise and cache Alabama dwarfs Iowa State.

Why aren’t you celebrating this? You repeatedly commented on how bad he was this year.

Proving you didnt actually read a damn thing i said this year.

I repeatedly said that he should still be here next year, but that people like you were being awful in piling on people who had any legitimate criticism of Prohm- and i think most rational people can see room for improvement, particularly in gameday coaching, even though he's still a solid coach overall. Its funny, you think i'm someone who hates prohm, yet i have a couple other friends who see me as one of his defenders.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
If that's the case why hasn't Alabama been in the tournament 7 of the last 8 years? If we're going of finance do you also think Iowa Basketball is a better job?

There is so much more that goes into making a coaching position a good job in basketball.

Avery Johnson is a terrible coach. They have never given two ***** about basketball.

It is a sleeping giant that could be awoken because auburn has won some games.

• Agree
Reactions: stinkbaitcatfish

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If Alabama does fire Johnson and that’s a big IF, who could they turn to? The logical choice could be Iowa State head coach Steve Prohm, who is an Alabama grad.

Prohm’s team just took down Kansas in the Big 12 Tournament and may face Auburn in the Midwest Region if both teams win their opening-round game in the NCAA Tournament. A few Tide fans are already predicting this will take place soon.

https://fanbuzz.com/college-basketball/ncaa-sec/possible-avery-johnson-replacement/

Y'all are talking about Hoiberg while this is being discussed.
Is this when JP makes comments how there’s no offer that could keep Prohm?

• Creative

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Proving you didnt actually read a damn thing i said this year.

I repeatedly said that he should still be here next year, but that people like you were being awful in piling on people who had any legitimate criticism of Prohm- and i think most rational people can see room for improvement, particularly in gameday coaching, even though he's still a solid coach. Its funny, you think i'm someone who hates prohm, yet i have a couple other friends who see me as one of his defenders.

Saying someone should be here next year is pretty damning praise.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Cuz Bama Football. Makes everything at Bama a “better job”. Or so we’re supposed to believe.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.