Prohm to Alabama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
It is baffling to me how some on here actually want Fred over Prohm...Fred is never ever returning to coach at ISU...ever.

What is really going to sting is if Prohm leaves and Fred still hasn’t taken a job and declines ISU...Wanna see Fred legend status plummet...wait until that happens..

But it won’t...Prohm isn’t leaving ISU for quite some time which is good.

Fred can go to Lincoln..good luck in that sh@$ hole...

This. I'm a Prohm guy and hope he is here for a long time.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
CSP doesn’t strike me as a man that would be caught up in those things. I thought someone posted he wants to retire at Iowa State.

Yeah like dream job and ****. Maybe he even called it his dream to coach his son at his jersey retirement ceremony

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
And someone once posted that Fred would never coach in college again. Things change.

Well that was said less than two weeks ago so things must have changed pretty quickly. Just another distraction for our team to deal with on the eve of the NCAA Tournament.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
giphy.gif

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Ive always had my criticism of CSP but just the thought of him leaving for a job like this makes me cringe.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I guess it will depend on how fondly Prohm remembers his days at his alma mater. That and how much money they throw his way.

If Bama offers him $3M/yr I couldn't really blame him. Would JP match or beat that? I kind of doubt it.
I think Jamie would seriously try. I think he’s very comfortable with about every coach at ISU.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Johnson has not been the coach for the last 8 years, so I guess we don't know why they weren't successful for the prior 4.

If you admit they are a sleeping giant your acknowledging? that is not a better job right now. There are a lot of things that have to happen before that is the case, and if were playing the potential game that statement could apply to almost any power 5 job.

Again, auburn was just as terrible. Now they have had some success. That didn’t go unnoticed.

Had they still been terrible, Avery would be safe as could be with his NIT bid

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
oh **** i forgot about tj bring him home!!

But TJ isn't an ISU alum so he'll leave us for Wisconsin! We are doomed until Georges or Naz is ready to start coaching. Unless we can get Hornacek to come to ISU.

People make too big a deal about coaches going to their alma mater. Yes it matters to some extent, but it's not the only factor in deciding where to coach.

Alabama throwing money at Prohm isn't the only factor either. You could pay someone 8 million a year to coach at the worst Power 6 program. If it's not a good program, with a fanbase that gives a crap, you are going to have a hard time winning and you're going to get canned in 3 years.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It's a step down as a job, only sport that counts at Bama is football. For enough money Prohm might go, hope Jamie would match it.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
That article reeks of someone just throwing **** at the wall because they found a decent coach who was an alum. Much like all those articles about Campbell leaving for other P5 jobs like Maryland, minus the alum part. Wishful thinking.

The alum part is a huge part. Your comparison isn't even a comparison.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
This season's story is not yet finished being written, but bumping CSP up near the Weber/Dixon range on this list seems reasonable.

To save some a click, Prohm's base salary currently sits around 2.0 million. That's 9th in the Big 12 ahead of only Boyton at Oklahoma State. Don't take that as me saying CSP is being undercompensated... there are many long time successful coaches in this conference who have simply earned more.

Weber and Dixon's base salary sits above 2.6 million. Full list below.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.