***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I’m shocked he hasn’t been drafted yet.

I'm sorry....too easy. So dumb it is funny.
I haven't watched all of this...but just an hour or so today....all i hear is "good pick", "I like this pick" from the tv guys.....I want to hear them say "this pick sucks" for some humor.

Reactions: isutrevman

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm sorry....too easy. So dumb it is funny.
I haven't watched all of this...but just an hour or so today....all i hear is "good pick", "I like this pick" from the tv guys.....I want to hear them say "this pick sucks" for some humor.

They did pretty close to that when the niners picked a Punter.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
They did pretty close to that when the niners picked a Punter.
missed that...wow. didn't learn from the bears picking that dude from West Virginia I think because he had one nationally televised game where he got lucky and booted a 70 yard punt and brent mussburger peed in his depends......yeah, if that happened, I'd be really looking at who is running things at SFrancisco. Are they intentionally trying to destroy the team?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
missed that...wow. didn't learn from the bears picking that dude from West Virginia I think because he had one nationally televised game where he got lucky and booted a 70 yard punt and brent mussburger peed in his depends......yeah, if that happened, I'd be really looking at who is running things at SFrancisco. Are they intentionally trying to destroy the team?

I have no idea but they are a mess. I think my little brother has officially dropped them for the Vikings.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
In 3 games against Texas Tech Butler had these destructive #s:

6 catches
192 yards
1 TD

“What’s crazy is that after the game, he came up to me and told me, ‘You’re a beast, man. I love you, and I’m in love with your game.’ It’s just crazy how it comes full circle like this.”

-
Hakeem Butler talking about Kliff Kingsbury after being drafted.

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
Have to question what the Cards are doing overall in this draft though. They had the worst OL in the league last year, and still haven't even drafted one yet. Guess they are counting on Kyler running for his life and throwing it up for Hakeem as their offense? Sounds kinda like ISU's plan last year.

They addressed the offensive line in free agency. Signed Sweezey from Seattle, Garcia from Denver and Gilbert from Pittsburgh.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
They addressed the offensive line in free agency. Signed Sweezey from Seattle, Garcia from Denver and Gilbert from Pittsburgh.

I did not know that, thanks for the info! So these announcers really are tools. They just talk about how horrible the Cards OL will be.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

That actually makes some since to get NFL experienced OL. We've seen how that position just seems to take time to develop so getting a bunch of rookies would be rough.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Why would the Bears take another RB?