State track meet qualifiers/ISU FB recruits

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://247sports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/247sports.com/college/iowa-state/Article/Iowa-State-football-recruiting-state-track-meet-qualifiers-commits-signees--131959098/Amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://247sports.com/college/iowa-state/Article/Iowa-State-football-recruiting-state-track-meet-qualifiers-commits-signees--131959098/

Iowa State will be well-represented at the Iowa High School State Track and Field meet with a number of signees, commits and targets from multiple recruiting classes qualified for the showcase.

All six of Iowa State's commits and signees from the state of Iowa in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes qualified for the state meet on Friday night.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Porter has some wheels for sure. Maybe better pure speed than any ISU WR ever. Also pretty impressive that Remsburg has the valley record in the shot.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Two ISU track signees (non-football) are mentioned in this article:
https://www.nonpareilonline.com/spo...cle_66ba1ac2-62e2-5906-9666-17acb4b0fc5e.html

Janette Schraft of Glenwood . . . picked up another four gold medals, winning the 400 hurdles, 800, 1,500 and 3,000 meter runs to lead the Rams to an easy team title on the girls side of the Class 3-A, Region 2 state qualifying meet at Carroll Athletic Complex. ...

Last season, she led East Mills all by herself to the 2nd place team finish at the state 1-A meet, with 38 points. She won gold in all the events listed above, except the 3000, in which she finished 2nd.

The other mention of an ISU track signee:

Iowa State recruit Chase Mullenix of Atlantic won the 800, in which he is the defending state champion, along with anchoring three relays (1,600, 3,200 relay, distance medley relay) to golds as well. ...

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Like Porter's speed, but Remsburg's 60 ft. shot is impressive.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don't miss much about high school...

But I definitely miss going to state track. I think my freshman year was the last year of separate meets for the boys and girls and then it flipped to co-ed. So much more fun co-ed...minus getting 8,000 straight shuttle hurdle races.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I don't miss much about high school...

But I definitely miss going to state track. I think my freshman year was the last year of separate meets for the boys and girls and then it flipped to co-ed. So much more fun co-ed...minus getting 8,000 straight shuttle hurdle races.

Agree. I always preferred the Drake Relays because it was coed. Nothing like sneaking out of your hotel room and hanging out with girls from a far away school the night before you had to run early in the morning.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Agree. I always preferred the Drake Relays because it was coed. Nothing like sneaking out of your hotel room and hanging out with girls from a far away school the night before you had to run early in the morning.
Or giving the girls you met in the pool/hot tub at the hotel the room number your coaches were staying in.

Not a smart play on night 1 of 3 nights in said hotel.

Coaches found it hilarious there were dolled up HS girls knocking on their door at 11pm in makeup and dresses. Girls didn't find it quite as entertaining....and let us know nights 2 and 3.

I don't remember if that was the same year they threatened to boot us out of the hotel for "bullying." Kid from another school was getting a little too comfortable with the girls from our school so we sent the shotputter down to knock on the dude's shoulder and say it was his sister that the other kid was getting too close to. He went away for awhile and tried it again later. Shotputter returned. Kid cried to his coach. Our coach thought it was great...hotel management didn't particularly care for it.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Video interview at Shenandoah KMA radio site with ISU track recruit Chase Mullenix and his Atlantic teammates after winning the state title in the distance medley relay. And below that, an interview with ISU track recruit Janette Schraft of Glenwood after winning gold in 400 meter hurdles; and much further below, another interview with Janette after winning gold in the 3000.

http://www.kmaland.com/sports/video...cle_955dfe8c-7800-11e9-a466-9f761950a532.html

Last edited:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The 1A 3200 meter result is a shame.

#1 The bell ringer really needs to pay attention.
#2 There wasn't a single race in my career running where I didn't know exactly what lap it was. As the runner, ignore the bell and run.

The 8 lap result was trash because of human error with the bell ringing with 2 to go. The 7 lap result is trash because it took the race away for anyone who is a kicker.

Obviously in the grand scheme it isn't a big deal but it should've either
a) been re-ran today or tomorrow.
b) declared a no-race

They need 15 minutes...run it at 8:45 this morning or tomorrow morning. The kids who are going to place have been running 4 races (more than likely) all year with 3200, 1600, 800, and either 4x8 or the medley 8.

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

#2 There wasn't a single race in my career running where I didn't know exactly what lap it was. As the runner, ignore the bell and run.

The 8 lap result was trash because of human error with the bell ringing with 2 to go. The 7 lap result is trash because it took the race away for anyone who is a kicker.

b) declared a no-race

They need 15 minutes...run it at 8:45 this morning or tomorrow morning. The kids who are going to place have been running 4 races (more than likely) all year with 3200, 1600, 800, and either 4x8 or the medley 8.

What did they decide on that? Was watching on the computer, not keeping tract, and was confused by the whole thing. I realized there had to be a bad count, but one kept running when others didn’t and it basically gave it to him.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

b) declared a no-race

That bell ringer should never work a state meet again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron