Jamie Pollard vows to look into allegations of fan misconduct at Saturday's Cy-Hawk game

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
What this is really about.....

Barta is tired of giving seats to ALL opposing bands. Can make more money selling those seats to the general public. Want to stop allowing any opposing bands from coming to Kinnick, but doesn’t want to look like a money grubbing ahole. Uses the same crap that has been going on between opposing fans and bands for decades to create a reason to ban all opposing bands from coming to Kinnick. Gets to sell those seats from here on out while blaming it all on ISU.

Tolstoy

You may be on to something. With the north end zone renovation they have pushed visiting bands to the top of the NE stands. With seating changes and what not pretty much all of visiting seat allotment was taken up by the band last Saturday. Money he had to pay without getting anything out of it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Much ado about nothing until something concrete is provided. Lousy job by Barta making a big deal out of what appears to be nothing at this point. Excellent public response by Pollard by basically calling BS on the whole thing in the nicest possible way.
It just makes no sense as to why Barta wouldn't have called JP and explained the situation to him after he had all the information. That's what responsible AD's do..They don't take to twitter and the media and put out a press release, essentially throwing an entire fan base and institution under the bus. It's complete negligence from a guy that has become notorious for doing such things.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
It just makes no sense as to why Barta wouldn't have called JP and explained the situation to him after he had all the information. That's what responsible AD's do..They don't take to twitter and the media and put out a press release, essentially throwing an entire fan base and institution under the bus. It's complete negligence from a guy that has become notorious for doing such things.

Agree. I actually had a nice brief conversation with him on Saturday during the second delay. Now I just feel dirty.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Wait, I thought Barfa, said in his letter that he contacted the ISU AD. LOL B.S. What a lying SOB. JP for the win. I love Pollard. I might not like every decision, you cant argue the results and that almost all of his choices have been for the best.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wait, I thought Barfa, said in his letter that he contacted the ISU AD. LOL B.S. What a lying SOB. JP for the win. I love Pollard. I might not like every decision, you cant argue the results and that almost all of his choices have been for the best.
He contacted JP after he talked to the press. Lol

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
The problem with Iowa tavern hawks is they aren't going to actually read any article or statement. They won't get past ISU FANS ABUSE OUR BAND.

Was in a bar in NE Iowa Saturday afternoon. Probably maybe a 100 hawk fans in there to drink and watch the game. I think I was sitting with the only one that actually had a degree (or even attended classes there) from IC.

3ate52.jpg

You better set up a degree check point at JT and do not let any anyone without a degree from the school.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
How low class is it to produce a press release without actually talking to Iowa State administration. There really is no reason for the press release AT ALL. But to do it without any prior conversations, just scream hatchet job. Barta wanted to make Iowa State look bad.

The Krause family made him do it. Their marketing department probably wrote the release

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and 1100011CS

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
I was the sober DD in my group and after the game the Iowa band was talking **** to every cyclone fan that walked by. I heard plenty of people tell them to shut the **** up and call them the typical band names. But they shouldn't have been talking to iowa state fans if they didn't want to hear the responses.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Eh, I think the pocket room incident several years ago might beg to differ. Barta isn't even liked by most hawk fans, so his words carry less weight than you might think.

Not so fast. On a news story about this posted to FB today some hok fan brought up the locker room theft. When someone set them straight that it was an Iowa fan/student that did it, they claimed it was later proved to actually be an ISU fan POSING as a hok student/fan. No f**king joke.

Long story short - even with those facts public, people (especially THOSE people) will believe whatever tf they want to.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
"We're reporting that band members have been shot, stabbed, and kidnapped after the ISU game last weekend"

"My god, you've actually seen band members being shot, stabbed, and kidnapped?"

"No, no we haven't actually seen it, we're just reporting it."

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA

Pollard just said on Murph and Andy that Barta did talk to him before the press release. They just didnt have any add't info on the incident other than they were replying to social media and media requests about alleged incidents. Pollard was level headed about it all but did voice his displeasure on how the release resulted in a lot of speculation.

• Informative
Reactions: Doc and CycoCyclone

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Not so fast. On a news story about this posted to FB today some hok fan brought up the locker room theft. When someone set them straight that it was an Iowa fan/student that did it, they claimed it was later proved to actually be an ISU fan POSING as a hok student/fan. No f**king joke.

Long story short - even with those facts public, people (especially THOSE people) will believe whatever tf they want to.

So, he was a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude?!

Oh, the huge manatee.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Pollard just said on Murph and Andy that Barta did talk to him before the press release. They just didnt have any add't info on the incident other than they were replying to social media and media requests about alleged incidents. Pollard was level headed about it all but did voice his displeasure on how the release resulted in a lot of speculation.
Smear campaign. We should respond in-kind.

Even the week after the CyHawk, Iowa is clamoring for ISU

Last edited: