Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
What’s a good way to kill giant flies that you don’t want to smush?
648e6daa-07da-4224-90ee-497059584af0

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Is it Saturday yet? Getting really tired of all the threads about the last game and opponent.

Want to talk about the weather? ;)

Weather surprised me some today. It hasn't been hot all summer but hit heat index of 93 today. That's the warmest for any of my bike rides this summer. September, weird. Of course the wind was gusting to 29 mph. I was so pleased it wasn't ******* raining that i didn't look at the details enough before I took off. DND but did get pretty hot and old man pulse rate was way too high for a guy my age

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
In this week's dual surprises:
1. Turns out the opportunity at ISU was never really a thing. They had the guy for that course in-house already.
2. Turns out that DMACC has a full-timer coming back into teaching, so the need for adjuncts is pretty much gone.

Solid week thus far.
Ugh man. That's rough.

If the economy goes down, CCs get real busy. Here's to hoping for you.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Weather surprised me some today. It hasn't been hot all summer but hit heat index of 93 today. That's the warmest for any of my bike rides this summer. September, weird. Of course the wind was gusting to 29 mph. I was so pleased it wasn't ******* raining that i didn't look at the details enough before I took off. DND but did get pretty hot and old man pulse rate was way too high for a guy my age

Yeah, not complaining, because this is better than what is coming, but marking pigs in 85+ degree weather is not good for them or me.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
When I got home tonight thought I was going to mow the yard, the lawnmower had other plans, needed gas and a tire aired up. Did that thought it was all good nope started it and it ran terrible, dumped in part of a can of Seafoam, and changed the fuel filter seems to be running ok now but by then it was dark. Maybe tomorrow I'll get it mowed.

• Optimistic
Reactions: oldman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Keep hoping the night will cool down a bit. The fan on the AC is working, but the compressor isn't kicking in. Can't get a tech here until around noon on Thursday.

Think I'm sleeping in the RV tonight.

• Friendly
Reactions: oldman and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
On the plus side the cantaloupe I sliced up tonight for supper was awesome. Lily Singh will probably be worth watching saw her show this evening.

Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Eh, just consider it as having a stress test.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
More like a death test prompting me to add my niece as a "trusted contact" to my financial institution accounts. Left her a treasure map in my safe so she can find my stuff.
My dad had a sheet of paper with all the accounts scribbled on it. He showed me it years earlier so if something happened I knew what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.