MSU fans discussing new coach. Campbell on their shortlist. Funny stuff

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
My bartender mentor taught me if you can’t figure out why a woman is with a man, it’s probably money....

If your mentor tended bar in any of several bars in rural WI, he could probably tell you why there was an exodus to WooPigSooie land.

Reactions: thatguy

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Not sure how ISU vs MSU is a lateral move. MSU is in a talent rich region and they have some history and recent success. ISU is headed in the right direction but isn't at the same level as Michigan State.

One major thing is at ISU he has built this into a good program. He has shown the ability to go about anywhere and get the talent he needs to come to Ames.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Since '17 Campbell has told 20+ programs/teams he isn't interested. He's going to choose if or when he's ready for something new, not the other way around. And that time isn't now.

I agree with others on here...CMC may have some jobs in mind that he would leave ISU for, but it would have to be a top 5-10 type job in the right region. He doesn't have to settle for a former power or non-blue blood. I don't think that FSU, Ark or MSU really qualify.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82 and Cycho1

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
FSU is easily a top 10 job. MSU isn't in the same conversation as Arkansas. Yea, they're having issues this year but still will make a bowl game if they beat Rutgers & Maryland. They have a really young football team, especially on offense.

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
Because the guy you responded to hopes he leaves with every pore of his being, because he continues to make his hero Mac look like the joke he was.

he also is a huge fan of the former president at penn st that enabled little boys to be anally raped.

real winner that guy. Funny he doesn’t think Campbell is that good. But he’s praying every single ******* day he leaves.

that is very hawk fan like, isn’t it!
If the "Mac" you're referring to is Dan McCarney; he was absolutely no joke. Coach Mac took a worse than Kansas level football program, built it up through recruiting, and took it to consecutive bowl games, and a still a school record nine win season. Yes, his team wasn't that good when he left, but it was a definitely better than what he started with thirteen years prior.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
FSU is easily a top 10 job. MSU isn't in the same conversation as Arkansas. Yea, they're having issues this year but still will make a bowl game if they beat Rutgers & Maryland. They have a really young football team, especially on offense.
Penn State
Michigan
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Texas
USC
LSU
Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Clemson

There's a dozen right there that I think are better than FSU and that's before even considering fringe teams like Auburn, Oregon, Wisconsin.

• Winner
Reactions: Gorm

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I don’t know what jobs will open but I know that ISU needs CMC here for at least another 3 seasons or so.. bc by 2023 new tv deal will be in place or agreed to at least and having isu a consistent winner not only is huge for isu if realignment happens but also for the conf in general.

JP is well aware of what is coming in 2023-25 and I believe refuses to have isu fball be left behind another 2 decades+ bc they wouldn’t pony up $$.. JP said as much.

I fully expect CMC to be at $4mil+ after this year and $5mil+ after 2022ish

Great Post Beyerball.....I hope you are right about Coach Matt Campbell and the Five Million Dollar figure after 2022...I have a question for cyclone fans...How much is it worth to you to have a winning football program? What is your dollar figure?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Wait, this guy:
View attachment 68718

Cheated on this:

images

??
She told him to.

PS - I don't understand these threads every season. Just cut & paste from last season. Nothing has changed. FSU, MSU and Arky opening up don't impact Campbell.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Why in the hell would he take Cleveland? Sure it is his team but it is a career ender for most coaches. That organization is a mess.

I agree the Cleveland Browns is just another Coaching Graveyard type job.....Just remember that in the NFL the coach doesnt choose his players ....The Owner and General Manager have the last say......

HellsBells...Even Bill Belichek couldn't make it as a Cleveland Coach......Cleveland Canned his ....A**...Like I say a veritable "Coaching Graveyard".

Last edited:

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Kelly makes a LOTTTT more than that. As a private school, they don't need to disclose the full package.

Kelly isn't a public employee. There's no real way to know what his compensation is. And it's more than $2.1MM / year. A lot more.

Thses could be very true, the amount doesn't seem right. Just going by this Forbes article less than a year old. Not sure why they would disclose anything with wrong numbers other than to be misleading.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adaman...sidize-alabama-clemson-oklahoma/#2647ba7275ae

University of Notre Dame coaching staff payroll: not disclosed. As a private institution, salaries under the Golden Dome are not subsidized with public monies. The school is under no obligation to disclose its payroll. However, the university does disclose a salary of $2.1 million for head football coach Brian Kelly and a $1.6 million salary for the athletic director. Other than this, Notre Dame did not release any other coaching staff salaries on its most recent IRS 990 posted at Charity Navigator.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not sure how ISU vs MSU is a lateral move. MSU is in a talent rich region and they have some history and recent success. ISU is headed in the right direction but isn't at the same level as Michigan State.
I don’t think that means much when talking about taking a job that’s projecting forward in a positive direction. Nebraska has a lot of history and that bs but I don’t think there’s anyone of note that would want that thing at all.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Why in the hell would he take Cleveland? Sure it is his team but it is a career ender for most coaches. That organization is a mess.

Why in the hell would he take Iowa State? Sure it’s a nice school with a rabid fan base (kind of like Cleve?) but has pretty much been a career ender (at the highest levels) for the previous 4 coaches (Does Chizik even count?). This program was a hot garbage mess when he took it over.