MSU fans discussing new coach. Campbell on their shortlist. Funny stuff

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Color me foolish. They have 3 young kids. He will be in Ames for as long as Erica wants to be in Ames. If CMC likes it here, Erica likes it here, and Iowa State likes them here, they will stay here. Color me foolish, I just don't see them uping the kids and relocating knowing "Coach" will never be home at that age. Yes money makes life easier and money can help transition, but he is compensated well. Color me foolish, I may be a dying breed. This isn't just about him. The Coaches wife is his number 1 fan, and she is also his number one boss.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Color me foolish. They have 3 young kids. He will be in Ames for as long as Erica wants to be in Ames. If CMC likes it here, Erica likes it here, and Iowa State likes them here, they will stay here. Color me foolish, I just don't see them uping the kids and relocating knowing "Coach" will never be home at that age. Yes money makes life easier and money can help transition, but he is compensated well. Color me foolish, I may be a dying breed. This isn't just about him. The Coaches wife is his number 1 fan, and she is also his number one boss.
This pretty much where I sit. Unless they really have a spot picked in their hearts I see no reason for Matt to leave.

• Winner
Reactions: ComCY

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

you can not over estimate a happy wife. It’s hurt us in the past with coaches.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
FSU is easily a top 10 job. MSU isn't in the same conversation as Arkansas. Yea, they're having issues this year but still will make a bowl game if they beat Rutgers & Maryland. They have a really young football team, especially on offense.

What a moron.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I don’t think that means much when talking about taking a job that’s projecting forward in a positive direction. Nebraska has a lot of history and that bs but I don’t think there’s anyone of note that would want that thing at all.

understand you’re talking to one of the stupider of the homer hawk losers on here.

he thinks any big 10 job is better than Alabama. He’s that dumb

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
FSU is easily a top 10 job. MSU isn't in the same conversation as Arkansas. Yea, they're having issues this year but still will make a bowl game if they beat Rutgers & Maryland. They have a really young football team, especially on offense.

Is this true?

Senior QB, two leading receivers and tight end are two seniors and a junior. OL starts three juniors, a sophomore and a freshman.

They are young at running back.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
understand you’re talking to one of the stupider of the homer hawk losers on here.

he thinks any big 10 job is better than Alabama. He’s that dumb

Do you struggle with reading comprehension? No one in this thread has stated that. You’re easily the worst poster on this board.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

So other than their 5th year QB they are pretty young on offense. I'm sure they're excited that dumpster fire of a unit is largely intact.

By the standards of today's CFB they are not at all young on D. Starting 5 seniors, four of which are 5th year guys.

By the way, to go back four decades at MSU, Dantonio has averaged about 8.5 wins/season. Saban averaged 6.8. Everyone else averaged fewer than 6.

There is nothing special, or really all that good about MSU as a program. Arguably the greatest CFB coach in history in Saban won 6, 6, 7, 6 and 9 games, including 0-3 in crappy bowls (he didn't coach the bowl in his last season). So it is highly likely that by the end of next year Campbell will have accomplished more at ISU than Nick Saban could do at Michigan State in each of their 5 seasons. Saban had the advantage of taking over a stable .500 program coached by Perles for 12 seasons as well.

It is really remarkable what Dantonio has accomplished at a place with so little tradition.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Do you struggle with reading comprehension? No one in this thread has stated that. You’re easily the worst poster on this board.

Don’t sell yourself short there, you’re pushing Jeff reninga on the list of biggest loser.

You’re a big 10 shill with no ability to be objective. Yet Iowa State scares you because you worry about them failing more than you do about your hawks winning. Iowa lost three games this year, and no one cares. They get a pat on the back for ending the fraud that was Minnesota. But other than that you’re a non story.

I can see why Campbell scares you, and how you desperately want him to leave.

You are the guy that is a blow hard in the bar talking about how great your conference is, when you have nothing to do with it.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
So other than their 5th year QB they are pretty young on offense. I'm sure they're excited that dumpster fire of a unit is largely intact.

By the standards of today's CFB they are not at all young on D. Starting 5 seniors, four of which are 5th year guys.

By the way, to go back four decades at MSU, Dantonio has averaged about 8.5 wins/season. Saban averaged 6.8. Everyone else averaged fewer than 6.

There is nothing special, or really all that good about MSU as a program. Arguably the greatest CFB coach in history in Saban won 6, 6, 7, 6 and 9 games, including 0-3 in crappy bowls (he didn't coach the bowl in his last season). So it is highly likely that by the end of next year Campbell will have accomplished more at ISU than Nick Saban could do at Michigan State in each of their 5 seasons. Saban had the advantage of taking over a stable .500 program coached by Perles for 12 seasons as well.

It is really remarkable what Dantonio has accomplished at a place with so little tradition.

nah because it’s a mid tier big 10 job, it’s elite according the Mensa matty.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yeah, they lose like 99% of their passing yardage and over half their receiving yards from an offense that is only above Rutgers and Northwestern in PPG and YPP in a 14 team league. But maybe they can time warp to 1982 or the Big 10 West and build a good offense around a RB.

Super young tho

• Funny
Reactions: kcclone33

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
The ACC is a garbage football conference outside of Clemson. It's so garbage that even though Clemson is undefeated people still question their spot in the playoff because none of the conference teams they've played are any good. That includes FSU. Warrick Dunn ain't walking through that door.

No one in the know truly questions an undefeated Clemson making the playoffs That is fake news.

The issue is that Clemson has to go undefeated to make the playoff due to the weak ACC.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
It's an interesting topic....if he really was a jumper he would be gone already. Nor would he have allowed the buyout language to remain. There is something he likes or something keeping him around. At the very least something to not make him interested in leaving soon. I fully expect him to leave, but the job already is so much better off it opens ISU up to a whole group of guys you wouldn't have had a chance at before. Some of this might depend what happens to the Big 12 long term I suppose.

I do think if he stays long enough he will win the Big 12. I think a playoff spot is a lot to ask, but he has been knocking on the door for a couple years now of winning the conference, and eventually he will get it done. Hell we are a couple field goals away from it this year. But then again, there are only a few schools that can win a National Championship, schools like MSU are not one of them. It's probably ND, OSU, maybe Michigan.

I don't know, maybe he really believes rings and trophies don't matter, and for whatever reason he can do whatever he wants at ISU for now. 3.5M is a lot of money in Ames, if he stays 20 years, he will get raises and probably end up at 5M a year at least before too long.

It's not a Hoiberg situation where you can only pay a basketball coach so much at ISU given the revenue stream it creates, you can pay a football coach a lot of money at ISU now and it is well justified.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
https://msuspartans.com/documents/2019/11/19/Game_11_vs_Rutgers_Depth_Chart.pdf

They have 4 seniors on their entire offensive depth chart, 2 are starters. The rests consists of 20 FR/SO and 5 JRs. That’s pretty young

But you are stating this like this means their offense is going to be good next year or somehow make the job attractive.
- On whole, it's pretty clearly the 12th best offense in the league ahead of only Rutgers and Northwestern
- They lose a three year starter at QB
- They lose more than half their receiving yardage

Maybe they have some heralded prospect at QB coming in, but the above is a recipe for another year of bad offense. And if you want to come in and pump up Rocky Lombardi as a reason for improvement you pretty much need to be banned from discussing football ever again.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
MSU has a coach who is just a few years from championship seasons. I can't imagine them firing his arse unless something comes up through the courts over his overall mismanagement of the program. If the job became available, CMC would certainly be high on my list.