Let the Snow Fall

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
Chase Daniels prevented a Big 12 Championship appearance. Let's help do the same. This team is capable of beating and overrated Missouri team. My only question is if the front four can get to that fat pig Daniels. We owe that booger eater one. If we get to him, we win. A couple of inches of snow wouldn't hurt either. I believe and I will be disappointed in a loss. This team is becoming a better football team. Let's win these last two and set one of the youngest teams in D-I off to a great start to 2009.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Chase Daniels prevented a Big 12 Championship appearance. Let's help do the same. This team is capable of beating and overrated Missouri team. My only question is if the front four can get to that fat pig Daniels. We owe that booger eater one. If we get to him, we win. A couple of inches of snow wouldn't hurt either. I believe and I will be disappointed in a loss. This team is becoming a better football team. Let's win these last two and set one of the youngest teams in D-I off to a great start to 2009.

Honestly, I think the chances of any significant snow falling is pretty slim. Plenty of cold in place on Sat. but very little moisture, just flurries.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Actually I take that back now, while the wind looks very likely no matter what. Friday night so snowfall could take place. I had just been checking out the GFS forecast model and it has a very weak system coming through(although somewhat more significant in the most recent run). The NAM however, in conjunction with the ARW spins up a significant snow storm. Actually borderline ridiculous with the NAM which is why, I, along with most forecasters are discounting it.

Shocking the difference two different computer simulations can have a mere 2 days out.

cyradio

Sep 13, 2008
Why would the weather affect Missouri so adversely and not us??? Don't both teams play in the same weather?

matmann22

Dec 31, 2007
Pleasant Hill
matmann22.spaces.live.com
Actually I take that back now, while the wind looks very likely no matter what. Friday night so snowfall could take place. I had just been checking out the GFS forecast model and it has a very weak system coming through(although somewhat more significant in the most recent run). The NAM however, in conjunction with the ARW spins up a significant snow storm. Actually borderline ridiculous with the NAM which is why, I, along with most forecasters are discounting it.

Shocking the difference two different computer simulations can have a mere 2 days out.

The GFS model buys into a faster moving system (ie more progressive) than the NAM (the renamed No Good Model ..er NGM) so it wont get its act together fast enough for central Iowa. The trigger for this is lots of 'jet energy' racing across the western US towards the trough in the Central US (ie why it is so damn rainy, snowy, AND COLD)

Weather 301 is over now..please restart debate over whose offense cold and windy hurts the most!

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I guess I am one of the few who is not wanting crappy weather this Saturday. Doesn't anybody realize that awesome tailgating weather is the ONLY thing we've had going for us this year? One more game is all we needed for a perfect season.

Besides, we're going to beat MU either way, crappy day or not. :smile:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I was just thinking about some of the best footbnall played in bad weather...I say those chickenhawks of ku go down in lawrence during a driving rainstorm of biblical proportions (on a last second field goal no less)...I also watched thurman thomas go down hard in ames before a crowd of maybe 3000 people, nobody and I mean nobody and I mean nobody was in the upper deck on either side and the lower bowl on the east side had maybe 200 people there ...man oh man was it cold but the clones beat the crap out of those thurmanites and boy oh boy was it fun to win a game for a change...

I hope its COLD WINDY RAINY AND SNOWY!!!!:smile:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
There won't be any snow....just cold and wind.

Better hope the wind impacts them because they played in the cold last year in KC (temp in the 20s) and put plenty of points on the board.

yannballer

Feb 21, 2007
Rochester, MN
Wind is the most challenging thing weather can throw at a football game. Rain, snow, and fog are a pain in the *** but anyone who has ever played a real football game in extreme wind, knows its down right horrible. Every pass affected. Long snapping becomes a calculated risk, even shotgun snaps are affected. Could be an interesting evening. Hopefully it grounds their passing attack and ISU can control the run game and clock and pull off the upset.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
winds aren't gonna be as bad as originally forecast. supposed to start dying down around kickoff time and I think will be a non-factor for the most part come 2nd half.

15-17mph at kickoff

10mph 2nd half.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

and he's fat!