So where do we stand now on the OL?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
We won't need a good OLine until the bowl game.
West Virginia strenuously disagrees. Texas is pondering whether to second the motion.

And this OL is not as bad as the first three pages in this thread made it out to be.
Any updates on the OL injuries? The guys that are playing are working hard, but Downing and Ramos were starters for a reason. Is Hudson back up to full speed? Seems like he was hurt, but I have seen him in spot play.

Any word on Milton or the freshman WR Jackson?
Thanks for bumping this. The posts in this thread were...amusing.

Admittedly, at the time people weren’t aware how hard the team had been hit up until a couple weeks before UL week. Two weeks worth of conditioning won’t do it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
West Virginia strenuously disagrees. Texas is pondering whether to second the motion.

And this OL is not as bad as the first three pages in this thread made it out to be.

The OL has surprised me somewhat. Still not very good at pass blocking, but run blocking is decent. Having 3 TE and WRs that block well helps a lot. Clearly Downing was going to be the road grader on this team. Not sure what his injury is, but it is starting to look like a lost season for him. Can opt out if it turns out that way?

Thanks for bumping this. The posts in this thread were...amusing.

Admittedly, at the time people weren’t aware how hard the team had been hit up until a couple weeks before UL week. Two weeks worth of conditioning won’t do it.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
This year is a “gimme” eligibility-wise, so what Trevor does at this point is irrelevant to his eligibility clock.

I expect him to be back at least by the bowl game, ala Newell last year. And I don’t expect kids with NFL aspirations to stick around six years, so an additional year is likely a moot point in his case.