2020 Big 12 Championship Game Computer Projection

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Pretty sure if OK St loses, or Baylor loses to KState today we are locked in. For the scenario to work to keep us out, both Baylor and OK State need to win today. I see KState beating Baylor more than TTech beating OK St.

Is it a crazy tiebreaker thing for wanting Kst to beat Baylor? Just not understanding that scenario.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'm ok with rolling the dice on OkSt Tech and let the 1% continue. Even though Tech scores as I'm typing. Hoping for a rematch with the Pokes for a chance to beat ever team in a season.

Couch burners rolling tonight would be a sweet way to clinch.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Yes, it has to do with the fourth place team in case of a three way tie with OU and OSU I believe. We beat KSU and OU did not.
Right. Basically, three teams can be #4 if ISU, OU, OSU tie at #1: Texas, WV, and/or KSU. The only way we fall out of the championship game in that situation is if WVU is alone in 4th or tied with KSU (and only KSU). A KSU win over Baylor ensures that either KSU will be alone in 4th or Texas will be in the mix as well (since Texas and KSU play next week and they can't both lose that game).

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
So if Okie St wins out and Oklahoma loses at West Virginia on Dec 12th we will play okie state in the championship game, right?

If that’s true, I’m going to predict that happens.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Someone tweeted what needs to happen today, next Saturday and December 11th to keep ISU out of the champ game. Can someone post it here? My family is wanting to know.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
Does anybody know what would happen if one of Oklahoma's last two games isn't able to be played? Their game today was postponed and they play Baylor next week (who has already had issues with covid). Would they be disqualified from the championship game if they finished at 6 - 2 and OSU was 7 - 2? Or would they push the championship game back again to let them get their game in? Anyone know?

• Useful
Reactions: Scruff

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Does anybody know what would happen if one of Oklahoma's last two games isn't able to be played? Their game today was postponed and they play Baylor next week (who has already had issues with covid). Would they be disqualified from the championship game if they finished at 6 - 2 and OSU was 7 - 2? Or would they push the championship game back again to let them get their game in? Anyone know?
Championship can’t go back because that would mean the winner plays in the cotton bowl 3 days later or so.

• Informative
Reactions: Scruff

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
[
Championship can’t go back because that would mean the winner plays in the cotton bowl 3 days later or so.

Curious if they'd go by losses and head to head or if they'd go by winning percentage. I'd laugh very hard if OU didn't get in simply because they didn't get to play all their games.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
It goes by losses. 6-2 OU goes to the championship game over 7-2 OSU

Reactions: heitclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

I think in that scenario, OU gets in over Okie St.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Welp there goes the TTU beating Okie State scenario. On to the K ST game tonight.