2020 Big 12 Championship Game Computer Projection

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Does anybody know what would happen if one of Oklahoma's last two games isn't able to be played? Their game today was postponed and they play Baylor next week (who has already had issues with covid). Would they be disqualified from the championship game if they finished at 6 - 2 and OSU was 7 - 2? Or would they push the championship game back again to let them get their game in? Anyone know?
Here is what the conference website says.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
How does KSU beating Baylor effect the champions game?

I didn’t make the chart, and am trusting people who have thought about this way more than I have. My guess is that it impacts KSU’s conference standing, thus the ISU/OU tiebreakers.

Reactions: Cyclones01

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Okay, I’m square oneing this.

Beat WV and there’s no doubt about championship appearance, right?

Yeah, that is the best option. I like ISU's chances, but it is going to be another good defense, probably the best one we will see all year. Watched the TTU vs OSU game and TTU was moving the ball on OSU with ease. Not sure if they are just missing some guys or what. TTU would have won without a bunch of stupid TO's including a pick 6 and an onside returned for a TD. We have seen TTU do that before.

Reactions: agentbear

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Here is what the conference website says.

"The Championship Game participants will be determined by the best winning percentages within the conference. In the event of an unbalanced schedule where there is a tie for the best, or second best, record in the loss column, head-to-head results will take precedence over winning percentage as long as the required number of conference games were completed."

There is the clause. OSU needs OU to lose.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Yeah, that is the best option. I like ISU's chances, but it is going to be another good defense, probably the best one we will see all year. Watched the TTU vs OSU game and TTU was moving the ball on OSU with ease. Not sure if they are just missing some guys or what. TTU would have won without a bunch of stupid TO's including a pick 6 and an onside returned for a TD. We have seen TTU do that before.

TTU had a 15 point lead on Texas with 3 minutes left and managed to lose.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I'd laugh very hard if OU didn't get in simply because they didn't get to play all their games.
I saw that Ohio State is at risk of not making the B1G Championship because they won't have played enough games if their COVID postponed games can't be played. UM could cancel "due to COVID" and end up keeping the Buckeyes out.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Which raises the question of what happens if ISU or its opponent cannot play on 12\19 due to covid concerns.

Would they just declare the champion based on the final standings?

I would hope so. And thatmakes beating WVU all the more important.
Canceling the championship game is a legitimate possibility in my opinion. Just based on the number of games that have been canceledso far and OU already having Covid issues

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I would hope so. And thatmakes beating WVU all the more important.
Canceling the championship game is a legitimate possibility in my opinion. Just based on the number of games that have been canceledso far and OU already having Covid issues

It seems once teams get COVID, they are OK. Oklahoma will be OK for the championship game. I'm guessing we are the long shots since we haven't had COVID yet.

Also, isn't it true if Kansas State wins tonight, we are in?

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Which raises the question of what happens if ISU or its opponent cannot play on 12\19 due to covid concerns.

Would they just declare the champion based on the final standings?
Nothing in the rules on that that I've seen. I'd just declare tied teams co-champions. It's not like the Big XII winner is making the playoffs. Cotton Bowl isn't required to take the Big XII winner so it will just take the higher ranked team anyway.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
What would happen if WV couldn’t play us next week.? If they play OU on the 12th, when would we play them?

• Wow
Reactions: CRcyclone6

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
It seems once teams get COVID, they are OK. Oklahoma will be OK for the championship game. I'm guessing we are the long shots since we haven't had COVID yet.

Also, isn't it true if Kansas State wins tonight, we are in?
From what I can tell is that would be correct.

Only case I've figgured out where we don't make it is three way tie between ISU, OU, and OSU where WVU is the fourth place team.

SciClone

Mar 30, 2006
Marion, IA
K-State is still missing their two starting LBs that were out last week and their two starting guards. They are probably going to struggle again tonight vs BU.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
What would happen if WV couldn’t play us next week.? If they play OU on the 12th, when would we play them?

We would finish 7-1. Both OU and OSU finish 7-2. The conference would then announce Bedlam 2.0 for the championship because ISU didn't play a full conference schedule. Somehow this would happen.