*** Official #10 Oklahoma vs #6 IOWA STATE Big 12 Conference Championship Game(Day) Thread ***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Thanks for the memories Purdy, but I do hope he moves on and doesn't take the extra year of eligibility. Lots of special moments in his career, but I feel he's shown his ceiling in the big games. Those three INTs were all really, really bad. Rookie level. Feels like he's regressed on several fronts the last two years, including losing his accurate deep ball threat completely. Fix special teams and develop a clutch QB who doesn't choke under pressure, and we'll return to the championship again but with a win. We don't need a QB to carry the team anymore, they just can't throw the big games away.
Develop a clutch QB. First the idea that coaches can make someone clutch alone makes this one of the dumbest posts on this site. Thinking this game suggests Purdy isn’t clutch is also really dumb.
Wanting him to leave takes the cake. You’ve got a triple decker stack of stupid in one post. Congrats.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Thanks for the memories Purdy, but I do hope he moves on and doesn't take the extra year of eligibility. Lots of special moments in his career, but I feel he's shown his ceiling in the big games. Those three INTs were all really, really bad. Rookie level. Feels like he's regressed on several fronts the last two years, including losing his accurate deep ball threat completely. Fix special teams and develop a clutch QB who doesn't choke under pressure, and we'll return to the championship again but with a win. We don't need a QB to carry the team anymore, they just can't throw the big games away.

might be worst post of the year..

Purdy is a Junior dude..not a senior...that’s first. 2nd he’s best QB in isu history..

We made it this far bc we have Purdy..period.

• Winner
Reactions: Blandboy and tzjung

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Biggest factor in the game other than Purdy throwing 3 interceptions? OU playing in their 6th straight championship game. They definitely looked way more comfortable out there in the first half.
I think that is a bug difference with the interceptuoms too.. Purdy tried to meet the moment a bit too much.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No ****. Just went 8-1 in the Big 12 with a school record scoring offense, probably the best defense in school history. And most of it comes back. But they want to fire people.

I'm definitely not in 'fire everyone' mode as I think the chemistry on this staff seems really good but when you have a chance to do something that comes around once per century and OU and UT aren't at their best, you don't force your players out of their strengths to try to match up.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Purdy makes some unbelievable mistakes and has his limitations. He SUCKS at the deep ball and as much as I'd like that to change, it might not be realistic. I'd like to think taking numbskull sacks (by running out of bounds behind the line), throwing unnecessary INTs, and a few other gems would be fixable too.

With that said his accuracy is pretty good and he's usually pretty good at leading his receivers, which allows for a lot of YAC opportunities. He's also can be a Houdini when he gets out of the pocket. Good lord, he should have been sacked 5-7 times today at the very least. His mobility brought many a dead play to life and that ability can't be understated.

I'm more upset with Manning having a ****** ass game plan, not getting plays in fast enough, and calling passing plays our team can't block for. We don't use Breece and the TEs enough as extra blockers, even on chips and Manning needs to quit being so predictable on first down. Breece up the middle 5-10 times on first down while being ABSOLUTELY brutalized along the line isn't very smart. It resulted in a lot of 2nd and long scenarios and allowed OU to pin their ears back. It's not hard, but Manning seems to fail at grasping simple concepts that puts the team at an unnecessary disadvantage. Help your QB out and put him in favorable situations. He failed time and time again at that todya (as he has throughout the year).

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

I've seen a lot of dumb on this site, but this might take the cake. Brock Purdy is the best QB to ever suit up for the Cyclones, and if you are against him, you are not a Cyclone fan.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Good thing I think the 'dumb' rating is really...well, dumb...almost used it.

• Funny
Reactions: agentbear

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

terrible post in so many ways

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
Yeah I totally thought Purdy was a senior. F.

I was worried about him taking an extra year and thus sacrificing a year of upside to next QB up.

That loss is still heavily on Purdy though. This is him in big games. Deny it all you want, either he figures it out or we lose a few next year because of his bonkers decision making under pressure. 3 INTS, still almost won. Half our passing playbook are short dump offs. He is our ceiling right now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm definitely not in 'fire everyone' mode as I think the chemistry on this staff seems really good but when you have a chance to do something that comes around once per century and OU and UT aren't at their best, you don't force your players out of their strengths to try to match up.

I guess I don't think this is our last shot at this.

Clyde4cy

Oct 22, 2018
Purdy avoided at least 2 probable safeties today. Obviously he should have thrown it away at the end of the game but the Oline couldn’t pass pro a 4th and 11 anyway.

Reactions: agentbear

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You seriously don't fool anyone. I don't know why you're still allowed to post TBH.
So you're fine with that last play? Or our 5th year senior lineman false starting 2 plays in a row? I'm **** pissed they lost like that. Thst game was there for the taking and they panicked because our brilliant OC couldn't even get a play called in on time.

• Dumb
Reactions: simply1 and JP4CY

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Yeah I totally thought Purdy was a senior. F.

I was worried about him taking an extra year and thus sacrificing a year of upside to next QB up.

That loss is still heavily on Purdy though. This is him in big games. Deny it all you want, either he figures it out or we lose a few next year because of his bonkers decision making under pressure. 3 INTS, still almost won. Half our passing playbook are short dump offs. He is our ceiling right now.
Trevor Lawrence just threw a pick against ND. He didn't play well, but when he is on he is elite.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So you're fine with that last play? Or our 5th year senior lineman false starting 2 plays in a row? I'm **** pissed they lost like that. Thst game was there for the taking and they panicked because our brilliant OC couldn't even get a play called in on time.

It was a bad play. Oklahoma is a good team.

Reactions: JP4CY