Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Some IUDs are hormonal. It would be some types of the pill, the most common type. Combination pills which have both estrogen and progesterone, the former being the culprit in raising blood clot risk. Further complicating is that combo pills can be monophasic (same level of hormones each week) or triphasic (varying levels of hormones for three weeks then a week of sugar pills to replicate natural hormone patterns).
Or you just count to seven (days) and start again with a new pack.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For some of the women I dated, counting to seven would be a struggle, best to stay on routine. There were a few non Einstein’s that I dated. As there are also men like that, not being sexist, dudes just aren’t my thing.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
For some of the women I dated, counting to seven would be a struggle, best to stay on routine. There were a few non Einstein’s that I dated. As there are also men like that, not being sexist, dudes just aren’t my thing.
I understand. I took the 7-7-7 for quite a while. Also never took the extra week ones. Just tossed 'em.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Yep and IIRC, I think the monophasic might have the sugar pills too, and many just skip straight to the next pack. Been a bit since I've had to pay attention :D If it is bc related, just adds a layer of complexity and shows why it's good to take another look. Maybe it only happened to a subset of women on a triphasic pill who got the vaccine during the week of highest estrogen dosage or something like that. That's going to be a lot smaller population than the full 6-7 million individuals. Which goes to Entropy's point here or in the cave thread that they come out with a rec saying hey, if you are on this or have this condition, don't get J&J, same as how they ask about prior vaccine anaphylactic reactions. The rest of you, proceed with getting it.

Reactions: carvers4math

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yep and IIRC, I think the monophasic might have the sugar pills too, and many just skip straight to the next pack. Been a bit since I've had to pay attention :D If it is bc related, just adds a layer of complexity and shows why it's good to take another look. Maybe it only happened to a subset of women on a triphasic pill who got the vaccine during the week of highest estrogen dosage or something like that. That's going to be a lot smaller population than the full 6-7 million individuals. Which goes to Entropy's point here or in the cave thread that they come out with a rec saying hey, if you are on this or have this condition, don't get J&J, same as how they ask about prior vaccine anaphylactic reactions. The rest of you, proceed with getting it.
when you say bc related......you talking about me???

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think you have too many negatives in that sentence. Unless you're acknowledging it's possible. Or whatever.
I’m saying, it’s possible. I’m getting old and Covid season wasn’t friendly to me. I’m working to make it impossible though, a work in progress again.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Just got my first Moderna shot about three hours ago. I ran 4 miles with my dog about 30 minutes after the shot and feel good right now

I ran as well after my first shot and I felt like the next day was worse than what I experienced with my 2nd shot...was wondering if I dehydrated myself but I think it was more because it was a booster since I'd had Covid roughly a year earlier.

Reactions: Drew0311
Status
Not open for further replies.