Vaccine reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Can/should you get the vaccine if you are in the middle of having a cold with maybe slight fever?
It's listed on the form if you feel healthy or not. But no one checked my temp or asked.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
It's listed on the form if you feel healthy or not. But no one checked my temp or asked.
I assumed that was more so because they are concerned with a person having covid at the time of getting the vaccine. Not necessarily if you have a cold, but I am not sure.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

No one checked anything when I went in. Told them my name and what time my appointment was; that's it. I was expecting to show id or something.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I have felt no side effects as of today. My arm is pretty normal after getting a shot. Nothing to bad. I am going to lift today. Should not be a problem.

So your body didn't transform into a Lex Luger clone? Must have been a dud dose. Better go back for another.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Had Moderna #2 yesterday afternoon. 1st shot I had no problems. I drank a lot of water yesterday so I knew I would wake up to pee during the night. Woke up around 1 and was chilled, when I went to take a leak I was shaking so bad I don't know how I got any in the toilet. Laid down and put another blanket on, was a few minutes before I stopped shaking. I am sore today and have a headache but I think that is more from my shaking fit and not sleeping very good.

• Friendly
Reactions: aauummm and DSMCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Had Moderna #2 yesterday afternoon. 1st shot I had no problems. I drank a lot of water yesterday so I knew I would wake up to pee during the night. Woke up around 1 and was chilled, when I went to take a leak I was shaking so bad I don't know how I got any in the toilet. Laid down and put another blanket on, was a few minutes before I stopped shaking. I am sore today and have a headache but I think that is more from my shaking fit and not sleeping very good.

I remember not having the 'chills' the night after 2nd dose but just very cold when I got up.

Had more chills and body aches from my flu shot.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have felt no side effects as of today. My arm is pretty normal after getting a shot. Nothing to bad. I am going to lift today. Should not be a problem.

I skipped my old lady hand weights day of shot but did them next day. Guessing you are lifting more than 20 pounds though lol

Reactions: isutrevman

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I skipped my old lady hand weights day of shot but did them next day. Guessing you are lifting more than 20 pounds though lol

Haha. Actually I don't go to heavy on weights. I always do a ton of reps. I don't need to be the strongest dude on the planet. I just need to be healthy and not have stiffness all over.

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
They were checking temps before you got past the door at our county public health

Weird that other peeps are saying nothing was checked or asked. I got mine at the big gov setup center at the convention center and they were checking temps. For the first shot they also had a bunch of health related questions including if you have had another vaccine within 14 days (like flu, shingles, hep etc).

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Let time pass. A year. Five years. Ten years. Then we'll know dumb/cogent.
Meantime, if you're young and healthy consider taking a pass.

I'm pretty good friends with an ER Pulmonologist. He's been on the front lines of battling COVID here in Des Moines from the start.

He wants everybody to get vaccinated as soon as possible. He doesn't care who gets it, he wants the vulnerable to get it ASAP but he just wants shots in arms.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
We got our two Pfizer shots at MercyOne Clive Clinic. We had an online registration and then had to show our ID at check in. We waited for about 5 minutes in the atrium and then they called our names. We then had our shots given by a nurse in a private examination room. We then waited our 15 minutes back in the atrium and left. Very nice arrangement. Efficient, quiet and fast.

By the time we got back home, the vaccinations had already been entered into our patient records in FollowMyHealth.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

My rotator cuff therapy weights are pink and plum. :)

Frankly, the plum is a better color for me. Can't really pull off pastels. ;)

Was told the more you move your arm (exercise, raking, shoveling snow or what not) the less soreness.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Weird that other peeps are saying nothing was checked or asked. I got mine at the big gov setup center at the convention center and they were checking temps. For the first shot they also had a bunch of health related questions including if you have had another vaccine within 14 days (like flu, shingles, hep etc).

It may depend if where you got your shot always screens people to get through the door.

Son who got his at work gets temp screen every time he enters building.

I am guessing our county public health might do that but not sure, last time I was there was to drop off some tomatoes for the staff and that was way before Covid so of course they didn’t temp check then.

Will have to ask son who got his at a Publix pharmacy in Florida if they took his. I am sure they don’t just to get into Publix but they might at the pharmacy, not sure. Three other sons getting their shots this week, it’s like I have my own study sample lol.

Husband gets a temp check every day at work. He works in a different county and got his at a medical clinic that took his temp when he went in the door.

Sister’s family of four all went to a big clinic in a high school in suburban Chicago and got temp checked going in the doors but again, I think the high school does that anyway.

Reactions: aauummm

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I think I'm over the hump with the reaction from the second Pfizer vaccine. I still have a bit of a sore arm today but not bad. I had some body aches most of the day yesterday that finally went away after dinner last night. My wife didn't have any noticeable reaction to her second one. Still wasn't too bad overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron