Eli chooses, Fran loses

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
If you all want to see how scared Hawk fans are right now. Go to that Hawk website and read the Iowa State reloaded thread. I think they know that recruiting just McCaffreys along with low majors isn’t going to get it done when TJ is such a high level recruiter

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If you all want to see how scared Hawk fans are right now. Go to that Hawk website and read the Iowa State reloaded thread. I think they know that recruiting just McCaffreys along with low majors isn’t going to get it done when TJ is such a high level recruiter
Why the hell did I do that. That was hard to get through. It’s like an army of idiots.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Send link

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
I took a peak over there earlier today. Talk about delusional. That place is a disgusting human cesspool.

Reactions: Drew0311

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It is so funny and cute that Iowa basketball climbed to the peak of the mountain, pounded their chests and took their shoes off, all to see it come crashing back down in the course of 2 years, both of which were heavily impacted by a worldwide pandemic, years that so many people are eager to disregard and forget.

At least Fran was able to leverage something out of it i guess.

Reactions: Dormeezy

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
It is so funny and cute that Iowa basketball climbed to the peak of the mountain, pounded their chests and took their shoes off, all to see it come crashing back down in the course of 2 years, both of which were heavily impacted by a worldwide pandemic, years that so many people are eager to disregard and forget.

At least Fran was able to leverage something out of it i guess.
They’re 2 hours in the sun have ended. Back to near irrelevancy

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I’m pretty content with making the tournament most years and winning a game. He’s not great but he’s a solid coach and does well enough for Iowa’s program

Didn’t you guys fire a coach a couple decades ago for getting to the 2nd round every year? Good to know you finally recognized that the 2nd round is highest bar Iowa can expect.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Didn’t you guys fire a coach a couple decades ago for getting to the 2nd round every year? Good to know you finally recognized that the 2nd round is highest bar Iowa can expect.

Instead of the “Iowa Way” it should “Iowa, Where Just Being Average is OK”.

Look at KKKirk, get to a bowl game, get a bonus, and he’s OK with just that. Doesn’t like playing highly rated teams, just wants 7 win season and hawk fans are fine with it.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I'd imagine they'll get back into their 'ThugU' mantra pretty soon.

And then cheer on their players that deliberately attempt to injure and start **** with opponents.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
And to think the peak of the McCaffrey tour was a shatting the bed in the second round. Back to the occasional NIT appearance boys...enjoy the show.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Says the fan of a team that lost to a 15 seed.......

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
How well known is it that the family connection to the Kings from TJ is a good one? Is this s done deal?

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How well known is it that the family connection to the Kings from TJ is a good one? Is this s done deal?
Iowa was the leader for him after TJ was hired so I don't think the family connection plays a factor here. Hopefully it does a though and that means his former players like him unlike Fran and Kirk

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
How can ISU be Thug U when all they do is recruit the state of Iowa now and offer Iowa look a likes? The rosters are starting to look very similar.

That's a very good question and something you should bring up when you're sitting around with your Hok friends that say it.

Then you can bring up the consistent in-game antics of Iowa's players the last several years and ask if that's the right way of doing things, and enquire why they don't think of Iowa's players as thugs (we know the answer).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron