What can we as fans do?

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Building off of what Jamie said: fill JTS and HC. So donate to the Cyclone Club, buy FB season tickets and/or single game tickets. If anything left, buy MBB tickets. Thinking ahead to streaming services and outside forces measuring a fanbase, how do we move the needle?

- Stream ISU content on platforms, including ESPN
- follow the various ISU social media accounts on FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- add ESPN, FOX, CBS and NBC sports apps; and follow ISU (specifically FB and MBB) on each app
- I have Cyclone.tv and ESPN+; is there a way to follow ISU on the ESPN+ app?
- buy ISU officially licensed merchandise
- follow ISU players and commits on social media to support their NIL opportunities, especially instagram, youtube, etc,

What else can we do to lift our profile in a way that is marketable?

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sorry to say.... not really anything at this point. ISU fans have done more than enough already over the years IMO.... and it it isn't enough.... then it just isn't enough.

I will still live without football.... it won't be nearly as enjoyable, but I'll manage. If college football just wants to consist of the top 20-30 wealthiest schools.... I don't want to be a part of it anymore anyway.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Sorry to say.... not really anything at this point. ISU fans have done more than enough already over the years IMO.... and it it isn't enough.... then it just isn't enough.

I will still live without football.... it won't be nearly as enjoyable, but I'll manage. If college football just wants to consist of the top 20-30 wealthiest schools.... I don't want to be a part of it anymore anyway.
Get a grip.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!

Last in donations in the B12; clearly more can be done.

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
Don't ***** and complain unless you donate. (unless money is extremely tight due to situations outside of your control in which case I'm sorry and I hope you make it through this tough patch.)

And convince your friends to donate!

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
In the ESPN app: select Settings, then Preferences and Alerts, then in My Teams add each ISU team from menu for FB, MBB, etc.

in the CBS app: select More, then in Favorite Teams add ISU from both NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
To answer the OP: give more money, if you have it. Unfortunately, we don't produce tons of graduates who make big $$ as we don't have a law or medical school, and Iowa itself is not a very wealthy state.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Have your friends and family all do this:

In Instagram follow cyclonefb, cycloneath and cyclonembb accounts, at a minimum. All Cyclone teams have official accounts.

on Facebook follow Iowa State Athletics, Iowa State Football, Iowa State Men’s Basketball accounts, at a minimum. Again, all teams have accounts.

Why follow all teams? That’s streaming interest to media providers, for content they would have on their platform.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Don't ***** and complain unless you donate. (unless money is extremely tight due to situations outside of your control in which case I'm sorry and I hope you make it through this tough patch.)

And convince your friends to donate!

Reactions: Zyklon

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
To answer the OP: give more money, if you have it. Unfortunately, we don't produce tons of graduates who make big $$ as we don't have a law or medical school, and Iowa itself is not a very wealthy state.
KSU, TTU, etc are smaller, but manage higher donations. I understand the bigger challenges, but we should be able to outpace peer and below schools.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Create a Twitter account. Search (magnifying glass icon) for Iowa State and click on the listing for the University and each ISU sports team account select Follow.

I am a Twitter reader only, so someone more versed than me might have better instructions.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

I agree. Would free up a lot of time in the fall for me