*** OFFICIAL GUIDE TO VEGAS FOR UNLV 9/18 ***

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
They all have to show proof of vaccination for the Raiders games.
Yes they do however the state-wide mask mandate still applies INSIDE the stadium...

Dear Cyclone Fans,

Thank you for purchasing tickets to see the Cyclones play UNLV this Saturday at the state-of-the-art Allegiant Stadium.

UNLV officials have asked us to inform you that a state-wide mask mandate is in effect for all indoor spaces throughout Nevada, and since the stadium is indoors, the mandate will be enforced for all spectators attending the game. No additional restrictions are in place at this time.

In addition, Allegiant Stadium has a clear bag policy that is similar to what we have in place at Iowa State athletic venues. For additional UNLV football gameday polices please take a look at the UNLV football fan guide located here.

We look forward to seeing you this weekend in Las Vegas cheering on our Cyclones to victory!

Iowa State Athletics

• Disagree
Reactions: I@ST1

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Watching monday night football tonight, i must say - I think the Raiders stadium might be cooler than Jerryworld. Very impressive.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Guys.

Raiders games require vaccinations. The Nevada Executive Order says events over 4K people do not need masks if you require vaccination for entry. UNLV is not requiring vaccinations so masks will be required. That being said… at the last UNLV game there was minimal enforcement.

This is not to start a debate just to inform

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Guys.

Raiders games require vaccinations. The Nevada Executive Order says events over 4K people do not need masks if you require vaccination for entry. UNLV is not requiring vaccinations so masks will be required. That being said… at the last UNLV game there was minimal enforcement.

This is not to start a debate just to inform
Impressive that nearly an entire stadium of 65K was fully vaccinated. Nevada should be at herd immunity with that type of vaccine participation.
Unless ESPN chose to not show fans with masks.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Impressive that nearly an entire stadium of 65K was fully vaccinated. Nevada should be at herd immunity with that type of vaccine participation.
Unless ESPN chose to not show fans with masks.
In a city with a population one tenth of that plus 150k hotel rooms it's reasonable they found 65k with vaccination.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Gal with UNLV called me and she told me no vac cards or proof are needed. Gotta wear a mask in but they won’t enforce it once you get in.

I did call the concierge at Mandalay Bay on the Beer Garden and was told it’s just for the Raider games even though it does say UNLV vs Iowa State on the MGM webpage.

Last edited:

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Gal with UNLV called me and she told me no vac cards or proof are needed. Gotta wear a mask in but the won’t enforce it in.

I did call the concierge at Mandalay Bay on the Beer Garden and was told it’s just for the Raider games even though it does say UNLV vs Iowa State on the MGM webpage.

Bummer on the beer garden. I hope they weren’t deterred by the first 2 college games. UNLV has a lackluster fan base and BYU fans don’t drink haha.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Gal with UNLV called me and she told me no vac cards or proof are needed. Gotta wear a mask in but they won’t enforce it once you get in.

Well this is bull ****. I would think they would have a huge turn out on Saturday.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
This info came from Iowa State today:

Cyclone fans, looking for a place to gather in Las Vegas Saturday before the Iowa State vs. UNLV football game? MGM Resorts and Bud Light have partnered to bring the ultimate tailgate experience to the Las Vegas Strip. Enjoy the Bud Light Beer Garden, just a short walk away from Allegiant Stadium!

1631663065719.png

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Our in-laws used to live out there, and they know a lot of good places that I’ve been too as well.

Steak:
-Herb and Rye (off the strip, but we’ll worth it.)
- Del Monico inside of The Venetian Polazzo
-Old holmstead inside of Ceasars
- Never been but I’ve been told the best steak house is inside of Circus Circus.

Thai
-LeThai on Fremont. (I cannot recommend this place enough

Drinks with a view
- top of the world at stratosphere
- Foundation room in Mandalay Bay
- High roller (get the drink package, all you can drink for about 60 minutes)

Reactions: OmaHoss

Help Support Us

Become a patron