*** Official #22 IOWA STATE vs West Virginia Game(Day) THREAD ***

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
One thing I desperately want to see improve is clock management. Feels like there's never a sense of urgency, at all. Handing the ball off multiple times on the last drive was... not good. I know Breece is probably the Cyclone's best player, but you cannot just ask him to get a first down or get out of bounds on those plays. If you think you have time to do that, it also is not good.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Welp, hopefully we can play ok down the stretch and get to a decent bowl game but sadly no special season this year. Disappointing.
At this point, I hope ISU wins one more game (TCU) or two more (+@ Texas Tech) to be Bowl eligible (6-6) or (7-5). It will take beating Texas to be (8-4) and I don't even want to think about @ Oklahoma.

Regardless of how the record shakes out, the Big Bowls are gone. Liberty is the ceiling now IMO. So, they might as well end up in Arizona for Brock to play his last game there, beat a B1G team and go to (4-0) in Arizona Bowls!

I'm not a gambler, but for the life of me, I do not understand why Iowa State has been favored in every game including the 7 point spreads @ Baylor and @ West Virginia. Anybody not taking the opponent and points against Iowa State every week is not moneying well - as ISU is now (3-5) ATS as a FAVORITE in all 8 games.

Texas @ Iowa State should be a pick 'em, as neither one of them should be favored to win.

That being said, Let's Go State!

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
**** off.
I love how aggressive and upset you get with people expressing their frustrations with the most gut wrenching loss in program history, but then you take the "awe shucks" attitude when the program doesn't perform.

I question your fanhood if you aren't upset by this loss. This was the worst loss in the Campbell era for sure, I would argue worst in history with what the stakes were.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
There was not conspiracy. There were some bad calls, but they were close.

1. Replay officials were too chicken-sh*t to overturn on the field calls on both the Hall TD and the WV non-TD
2. WV got hosed on a couple of PI calls too.
3. Purdy and Hall are warriors and gave it their all.
4. We miss Rose more than I ever imagined.
5. Young was abused all day long.
6. I'm terrified what the D will look like next year with Vance, Hummel & McDonald gone also
7. I'm afraid Campbell knows what we're losing also and will start listening to those offers this off season.

Reactions: Iluvteak

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I can see why we are never champions. The vast majority blame the refs not the players and/or coaches for our loss. Iowa State football lost the game not the refs! Unless we accept that fact we will never get better.
Some on here get more pissed off that other fans are pissed off instead being pissed off at the coaches and players who were responsible.

No way in hell West Virignia shoukd have been able to compete with us. Campbell coaches circles around them and we've embarrassed them 3 years in a row with the same players. Something is broken right now, either that or this is just who we are and lucked out last year due to the Covid stuff.

tsirnickesqcy

Oct 13, 2013
Des Moines, IA
There was not conspiracy. There were some bad calls, but they were close.

1. Replay officials were too chicken-sh*t to overturn on the field calls on both the Hall TD and the WV non-TD
2. WV got hosed on a couple of PI calls too.
3. Purdy and Hall are warriors and gave it their all.
4. We miss Rose more than I ever imagined.
5. Young was abused all day long.
6. I'm terrified what the D will look like next year with Vance, Hummel & McDonald gone also
7. I'm afraid Campbell knows what we're losing also and will start listening to those offers this off season.
Let him go. He’s not a god obviously. If he doesn’t want to be here leave. Time moves on.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I can see why we are never champions. The vast majority blame the refs not the players and/or coaches for our loss. Iowa State football lost the game not the refs! Unless we accept that fact we will never get better.
Me, you, no one posting here, has any impact on the game or team beyond generally supporting the team lmao

Reactions: jsb