*** Official #22 IOWA STATE vs West Virginia Game(Day) THREAD ***

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Hall was conclusively down with the ball.

The linesman called it a TD.

The fact that WVU gets that ball was huge in determining the game.

Completely inexcusable to get that review wrong.
THAT ONE CALL BY THE OFFICIALS....DETERMINED THIS GAME...NOW ITS EITHER WIN OUT OR STAY HOME FROM DALLAS....

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
What about ISU's history says that a 7-5 coach isn't the best coach we've had? Also, 7-5 is an exaggeration. He's won 7 once. Every other time after that first season has 8+ wins. Also, beaten 4 top ten teams, which is more than the rest of his predecessors combined. More weeks in the top 25 too.

Don't be an idiot and pretend Campbell isn't the best we've ever had. If he stays, we'll have more years where we have a great chance to win 10+ games. Recruiting classes have improved, and when the ceiling is 7 wins, then the sky's the limit. It's the Wisconsin basketball model.

I was born in 1986... do you know how many 7 or more win seasons we've had between when I was born and Matt Campbell? A whopping 5. Since he's gotten here, if we include this year, it will also be 5. So in 6 years, he's matched as many 7+ win seasons as we've have in the last THIRTY FIVE YEARS. Get over yourself, and appreciate Matt's excellence.
I AGREE MATT CAMPBELL IS THE ....BEST FOOTBALL COACH....IOWA STATE HAS EVER HAD....at least in my lifetime.....and remember GO CYCLONES!!

Reactions: cyclonestunners

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This is off the subjec, but just switched to BYU game, heard Beth Mowans, turned tv off
Mowins is 10x better than whoever the lady was celebrating every positive thing WVU did yesterday. Not to mention Weeden who likely has a personal vendetta vs ISU

Reactions: SolarGarlic

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Mowins is 10x better than whoever the lady was celebrating every positive thing WVU did yesterday. Not to mention Weeden who likely has a personal vendetta vs ISU
I AGREE with you regarding the Woman who was the PxP announcer ....She was a COMPLETE HOMER for westva....Weedon on the other hand was more about analyzing the plays and I think he did a fairly decent job of that BUT....You could tell that if Brandon Weedon had his way the Mountaineers would Win!

Look at it this way WITHOUT TWO BLOWN CALLS by the officials we win the game!!

CMC has went from the HUNTER to the HUNTED....play better or lose!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Some on here get more pissed off that other fans are pissed off instead being pissed off at the coaches and players who were responsible.

No way in hell West Virignia shoukd have been able to compete with us. Campbell coaches circles around them and we've embarrassed them 3 years in a row with the same players. Something is broken right now, either that or this is just who we are and lucked out last year due to the Covid stuff.
Dude, fans are pissed at both I think, other fans, the game and coaches. It's what we do and it was a tough loss. I do not believe and hope that the fans are upset at the players. They are doing the best that they can.

Keep in mind we played a not very good game, while WV played extremely well. Yes we (and the officials) might have made them look better. doesn't matter now.

Also, WV fans might not know it now, but Neil Brown is a good coach IMO. He outcoached us Saturday for sure.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
He obviously is the best coach Isu has had by leaps and bounds but no reason to grant him sainthood for going 7-5 most years. If he wants a bigger payday then he can leave.
I don't think anyone is proposing sainthood for Campbell. Not that you would care either way.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
That last drive was horrific….took way too much time for no reason, then you run out of time and you don’t have two plays called in the huddle

lot like the big 12 champ game, piss poor offensive series
That is why you don't waste timeouts earlier in the half, you save them until the end. We needed them bad, but only had one available for the last drive.

Reactions: CyBobby

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Our defense lost is that game. It was the worst they've looked in years
The offense only scored 24 points, good, but not great. Several games our defense bailed us out or kept us in it. It is impossible for the D to stop everyone all the time, Saturday they couldn't do it. So it was time for our offense to carry the load for once, they couldn't do it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
You said it was hard to see them win any games. But you are just basing that one today. The season could fall to ****, but we literally have no idea. And you really have no evidence either way.
So if the team that showed up last week (7 days ago) shows up, you don't see them winning any games?

Why is this team more likely to show up than last week's team?
We did beat Kansas State and Oklahoma State. So, yes, if we played like **** against those two teams we would have lost. But we didn't. Those wins are just as valid and the loss today.
Uhm,,,well nevermind?
Again, where am I saying I don't see them winning any games? I didn't even say they'd lose to Tech. They may struggle though.

I could list quite a few examples but basically, even though today's performance was very bad, it was closer to what ISU's looked like than when they tightened things up for two games.

Missed tackles, poor pursuit, leaky secondary (including last week) and an erratic offense aren't new for a team that's more limited than people want to allow themselves to see.

As the season wears on, habits don't just go away. Can they win? Sure. Is it as simple as just fixing things after a 'wake up call'? Not necessarily.
I think she got tired. Finally.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The offense only scored 24 points, good, but not great. Several games our defense bailed us out or kept us in it. It is impossible for the D to stop everyone all the time, Saturday they couldn't do it. So it was time for our offense to carry the load for once, they couldn't do it.
It would be very nice to see the O break one open, before the season ends.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This has nothing to do with the officiating. We simply are chokers. Another year of not winning the Big 12 Championship. We simply are not winners.
Really! When was the last time we were the conference champions in football? 1912 I believe. We are losers! Truth hurts!
I can see why we are never champions. The vast majority blame the refs not the players and/or coaches for our loss. Iowa State football lost the game not the refs! Unless we accept that fact we will never get better.
LOL

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby