*** Official IOWA STATE vs #13 Oklahoma Game(Day) Thread ***

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
And win a lot of close games too. Guess what? When you are trying to build a program you probably will lose a lot of close games. The good part for us is that this coaching staff also wins plenty of those close games.
Uhhhh.
I think we were well past trying to build with the players returning.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Purdy has just been an above average QB at ISU for 4 years. ISU fans are so used to terrible that when they see someone like him they think it’s the second coming of Jesus. Brock’s got heart but he’s just a decent qb. Breaking ISU’s qb records is not big deal, but it is definitely a step in the right direction. We very quickly forget that ISU is historically one of the worst P5 football programs and only recently above average.
First team Big 12 last year……

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Both of those are true. And that was one of the emo fans that thinks the world is falling
I guess that could be why they said give it a freakin rest, because the some of the guys other posts I hadn’t seen. I just figured it was in regards to the post they were quoting which was merely about the pass. Because that part is what baffled me, I thought someone was saying give it a rest about saying it’s an awful throw.

Reactions: Cyclones1969

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I am 100% over this pattern of playing terribly for huge stretches of games, then rallying furiously only to fall short. Campbell needs to completely overhaul his approach to early season games and in-game adjustments.

Add up all the stretches where we look completely befuddled and it has to be equivalent to at least half the season. It's beyond ridiculous.

Well, maybe it won’t be Iowa State’s problem next year.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I guess that could be why they said give it a freakin rest, because the some of the guys other posts I hadn’t seen. I just figured it was in regards to the post they were quoting which was merely about the pass. Because that part is what baffled me, I thought someone was saying give it a rest about saying it’s an awful throw.

He and Thomas and Darius are notorious for their ability to see the worst in every situation.

• Informative
Reactions: baagoe

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
it's unbelievable how we had like 4 fumbles, 2 picks, got sacked 7 times, and still probably should have won
This right here shows Campbell & the program are in a great spot. Our talent is there as well as depth - like we've never had before. But the trends show our offense has not excelled, let alone met average expectations. This, to me, is an indictment of who is in charge of that area. Same as what occurred with our strength & conditioning & led to the change there.
OL - showed some warts this season, but we should have been able to scheme & execute better. Chip for the OTs more, etc. The snap issue today is huge & one I focused on as I distinctly remembered them timing our snaps the past few years. It would be nice to prepare for that, but we haven't all that time. Who has led that area during that time? You guessed it.

As to Purdy - he's a ******* warrior & was running for his life. The hit he took 1st half would have put 80% of human beings into traction. He makes mistakes & hasn't progressed well over his career, but this again is an indictment of who is in charge of this area. But with his dedication & work for the program, Campbell sticks to him so Ive no issue doing the same. I just wish we could avoid those scenarios & win more in the earlier parts of the game.

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
Yes that was a bad throw at the end of the game no doubt. I believe this all comes down to not adjusting to the pressure early from OUs defense. Manning didn’t do anything to least try to counter that. Since nothing was done they just kept coming. Yes I know our OLine was trash today but you have to adjust to compensate for that and nothing was done. As we have seen many times Manning just can’t adjust on the fly like every other OC can.

Reactions: cyatheart

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Don't be sensible now about his career. You'll be burned at the stake.
Screw that idea, we are all waiting to have that special season, the fans have done our part. We are buying the tickets and going to the games. I am just tired of when push comes to shove, ISU is always the team that folds and pisses down their leg. Its been that way this entire year, close game with UNI, lose to EIU, and then the conference games at WV and TT.

We have the talent, so why are we still losing games and getting beat by teams that we have more talent than they do? I get the idea that most years we will not out talent teams, but this year we did. The Oline which we were told was the best we have every had, just sucks.

We need to fire Manning and the oline coach, and then go out and be like EIU and Wisconsin, find kids that want to play for ISU, and build them up in the weight room and go from there.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Screw that idea, we are all waiting to have that special season, the fans have done our part. We are buying the tickets and going to the games. I am just tire of when push comes to shove, ISU is always the team that folds and pisses down their leg. Its been that way this entire year, close game with UNI, lose to EIU, and then the conference games at WV and TT.

We have the talent, so why are we still losing games and getting beat by teams that we have more talent than they do? I get the idea that most years we will not out talent teams, but this year we did. The Oline which we were told was the best we have every had, just sucks.

We need to fire Manning and the oline coach, and then go out and be like EIU and Wisconsin, find kids that want to play for ISU, and build them up in the weight room and go from there.

Yeah, we have had no success the last 5 years at all.