*** Official IOWA STATE vs Iowa Game(Day) THREAD ***

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
After years of fighting with KU for the worst team in the conference we are now a perennial bowl team and we don't even get to take advantage of the free win against Kansas. They look pretty competent against WVU right now.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Seemed to me the refs called a fairly good game. I thought they gave us one with the personal foul on #3 pushing out of bounds. The play was all but over and going out as it was but when he initiated contact they were still in bounds and the play was still live.

The offsides on us was questionable at best then tacking on the extra 15 seemed blatantly bad but probably a legal call. Does seem a bit aggressive for the circumstances but rules are rules.

The only question has been raised by others about how many players were on field and changing of possession. Although in fairness the offense doesn't run out onto the field immediately after a turn over. There is a media break and refs have to set the ball.

Also, I give the refs credit for NOT throwing the flag on our only TD to Xavier. (which was right, but they could have given in to Moss' acting job and the angry crowd)

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
The last few years we've had a great TE group to ease some of the load on the WR and RB. We haven't found that production yet.
I had the same thought where are our TEs? After years of spectacular TE play that room should have been just as ready to go as the QB and RB.

• Disagree
Reactions: Aclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Also, I give the refs credit for NOT throwing the flag on our only TD to Xavier. (which was right, but they could have given in to Moss' acting job and the angry crowd)

Moss went a little bit Iowa basketball Franny style there.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So who has video of Iowa fans throwing bottles at Iowa St after the game, lets plaster it everywhere to finally show how classless this fan base is in Iowa City.

When X got his touchdown a Iowa fan about hit the guy defending him with a water bottle landed about a foot or 2 behind his back foot when he was kneeling.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I wish I was enjoying it more. Relief more than anything.
The defense played very well against a poor offense.
I called the blocked punt(s) after last week, something to work on.
Brock did very well, despite the TO, he was the bright spot on O with Hutch.
Dekkers remains a question mark, until he has more experience. maybe some will tap the brakes on all the @#$& riding of him until we see more.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
hawkeye-jeremy.gif

I love Hawkeye tears!