*** Official IOWA STATE vs Ohio Game(Day) Thread ***

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Campbell after the press conference.
”Obviously, Very disapppointed in the loss. I thought our guys played hard at times and we did get ourselves in a position to win.But credit Ohio.I thought they played well. The food poisoning thing did put us behind the 8 -ball and Rocco played through it I thought admirably. Our defense played oustanding, but we gave the defending MAC champions a short field for them to score a touchdown. We’ll just have to bounce back next week, which I know we will. Our punter was outsanding today.“
See how close that is.
I read this and thought it was real.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
******** programs care about 6-6. Right now 6-6 seems like a massive hill to climb. We are a ******** program.

Reactions: Iluvteak

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
Next weekend I'm just going to watch Girl, Interrupted. That's less depressing.

I was fishing during the start of today’s game, and watched the first 3 quarters fast forwarding through commercials. I only had to endure one hour of that disaster vs 3 hours for most of yall

H

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Well, this isn’t fun. On the bright side, if they win another game or even score more than 20 it will be a pleasant surprise. If they go to a bowl it will be …. Okay, I’m just going to cut that off right there…

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
We played like trash, but that should have been a tie game with a correct FG call.
Yes, we are back on that old hill again. I seem to remember some coach saying in 2017 you have to play better than the calls going against you. The team that had this coach had an awful fumble call in the endzone as they were about to score. They buckled down and won the game that was also a bowl game. I wish I could remember the name of that coach....oh well.

It is safe to say they were well equipped to deal with adversity.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I don't want to blamecast, or define any factor for this loss, but the TD showed us there is a way forward...acting with alacrity, allowing Becht to roll and throw to the TE's. Why not play offense that way every series?
Because that’s not how CMC wants to win games.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Nope, but you can’t blame the loss on it.
Dis I day you could? I'm pointing out that on occasion one call going the corby way. Could make a difference. How about if we didn't HAVE to do somethong miraculous there if the game was correctly a tie?

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I read this and thought it was real.
Thanks- one of our jobs at sports info was to write quotes for the coach, get his approval get him to say it and see if sports Illustrated would print it in “They Said It.”

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
This. Team seemed deflated before even kicking it off.

Look at Purdy and the 49ers. They look like they have fun playing football. Iowa State looks like they are enduring root canals and wisdom teeth removal out there.
You know when that happens don’t you. When a coach runs a overly strict locker room and the players aren’t buying it. In other words the players are miserable. I see a big exodus coming, hello Mr Portal.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You know when that happens don’t you. When a coach runs a overly strict locker room and the players aren’t buying it. In other words the players are miserable. I see a big exodus coming, hello Mr Portal.

I've never gotten any indication that ISU's locker room was overly strict.

If anything I'd guess it was far from it.

And you'd be surprised by how much players may actually prefer those kinds of set boundaries.

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
I’d take Rocco today over Hunter in any game last year.

Looked much better on the move than Hunter ever did. Made some big throws when he was allowed to throw (and by then everybody knew he was throwing) and the two interceptions were a wr falling down and a chance deflection that is PI half the time.

He’s not Purdy or Seneca but he’s not even close to where the key deficiencies are.
His upside is limited tho. Can’t win the big games with Rocco I’m sad to say. He’s a game manager type. Put him against a big time D and he will struggle.

• Agree
Reactions: Darius Bieber

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
I've never gotten any indication that ISU's locker room was overly strict.

If anything I'd guess it was far from it.

And you'd be surprised by how much players may actually prefer those kinds of set boundaries.
It’s just a vibe I see on the sidelines. For years now. Nobody is having fun and everyone seems uptight. I’ve worked at companies with the same issue. It sucks.