*** Official IOWA STATE vs Ohio Game(Day) Thread ***

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Hmm. On the radio broadcast, John kept talking about having a bunch of players who were “under the weather”, and Harklau mentioned that at halftime Rocco Rocco was leaning on a chain link fence and throwing up.

Having heard some of the OL substitution patterns they mentioned, I’m going to go way, way out on a limb—and say that Rocco wasn’t the only person playing sick.

• Agree
Reactions: Kinch

jdolson27

May 23, 2015
I’m sure mynamehjeff will be silent for a few hours until calling anyone that disagrees with Campbell an idiot.
He will be calling everyone madden when it’s common sense. Everything is within 5-7 yards from line of scrimmage. Make the defense cover the whole field. You have receivers running routes right by each other in a close knit area already but we can’t figure out why they can’t get open. Spread out and use the whole field.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hmm. On the radio broadcast, John kept talking about having a bunch of players who were “under the weather”, and Harklau mentioned that at halftime Rocco Rocco was leaning on a chain link fence and throwing up.

Having heard some of the OL substitution patterns they mentioned, I’m going to go way, way out on a limb—and say that Rocco wasn’t the only person playing sick.

May have been noro.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Get the message to him that running on first and second down while averaging 1 ypc is not conservative.
I don't have a problem with running on those downs. It's just the running plays we use. No counters, mis-directions, traps, etc. Just vanilla up the gut power type stuff.

I was hoping Scheelhaase's offense would be more spread oriented. I think a spread O with wider splits would be better for our O-line's skill level. It also would open up lanes. A guy like Sama's better in space than between the tackles IMO.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't have a problem with running on those downs. It's just the running plays we use. No counters, mis-directions, traps, etc. Just vanilla up the gut power type stuff.

I was hoping Scheelhaase's offense would be more spread oriented. I think a spread O with wider splits would be better for our O-line's skill level. It also would open up lanes. A guy like Sama's better in space than between the tackles IMO.

Considering the line has problems with getting hat to hat on guys straight up I'm not sure these will work. It just takes one defender to break through to ruin the play.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
He will be calling everyone madden when it’s common sense. Everything is within 5-7 yards from line of scrimmage. You have receivers running routes right by each other in a close knit area already but we can’t figure out why they can’t get open. Spread out and use the whole field.
Exactly. And for the love of God will someone coach our receivers to run their 3rd down routes beyond the freaking sticks instead of a couple yards short? That's become maddening.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Considering the line has problems with getting hat to hat on guys straight up I'm not sure these will work. It just takes one defender to break through to ruin the play.
They probably wouldn't. But I'd still like to see some variety there. But that's why I said a little further down in my post that wider splits/zone blocking in a spread attack might be a better option for our O-lineman.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Had a co-worker that had Noro. Said he basically lived in the bathroom for like 7 days and wanted to die

I had it once a few years for about 2 days and I definitely could not have played a sport but maybe it was a less intense version (if that exhists).

Or whomever cooked the food recently didn't do their job.

Help Support Us

Become a patron