Hilton floor is for sale

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I went with the center court. Like you something that was just wood colored or all red just wasn't very exciting. I'm nervous I'm going to get like 95% wood color and a sliver of color though. I'm actually kind of surprised a big donor didn't just buy the whole center logo.

Like everyone else it took several clicks but I got it finally.
My guess is athletics has nothing to do with it at this point (meaning, court handed over to Surplus and they came up with this) and probably couldn't do any "side deals" etc. I suppose they COULD have put the logo pieces into an GovDeals auction and let the market dictate what happens.

Reactions: cy4state

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I went with the center court. Like you something that was just wood colored or all red just wasn't very exciting. I'm nervous I'm going to get like 95% wood color and a sliver of color though. I'm actually kind of surprised a big donor didn't just buy the whole center logo.

Like everyone else it took several clicks but I got it finally.
I still haven't gotten through. Damn it!!! ******* spinning red wheels.

• Winner
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
My guess is athletics has nothing to do with it at this point (meaning, court handed over to Surplus and they came up with this) and probably couldn't do any "side deals" etc. I suppose they COULD have put the logo pieces into an GovDeals auction and let the market dictate what happens.
They started there for the full court this past spring/summer, so clearly there were no takers.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I don't think they do much for online sales to begin with.

I've looked into the site a few times in the past and there's actually usually always something of interest. I was looking to get a "Gun" basketball shooting machine and Iowa State was selling theirs for example. The price was great but I ended up going another direction. I was a bit worried that the ISU ones were likely worn out.

It's the kind of thing that if I was closer to Ames I bet there are some decent deals, but I'd want to see the things if person before buying.

I just looked at the current inventory and there is a Hello Kitty Tutu Dress listed that I'm sure people are going to want to jump on quick.

I keep waiting for ME 273X: Science and Practice of Brewing to need to refresh their equipment and sell their old stuff.

Reactions: ianoconnor

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
This is pretty much what happened, as in athletics handed over to surplus, when it came to selling the lockers in the Olsen Building before it was torn down.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
For anyone that isn't able to get through I have a 12"x12" section of the center logo I'd be willing to part with for $1000

:jimlad:

• Otz
Reactions: ianoconnor

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
They started there for the full court this past spring/summer, so clearly there were no takers.
Yeah, you'd think Surplus would have maybe parted out something like the center logo as you'd think someone may bid on just that.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Got a pending charge but no email from isu surplus. I just want to know if it went through lol

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
Absolutely shocked Iowa state almost never has any technology issues

Help Support Us

Become a patron