Asking again: Has the rot started to set in?

Has the rot started to creep in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Campbell didn't start coaching to win, and thus for his job, until that guy called him out.

I'm glad he did it. I'm glad Campbell responded the way he did, and started trusting Scheelhaase as much as he does Heacock.

I don't want to watch Hawkeye style football.

KSU game was fun because the team actually played to win, not lose, as they so often did in 2021, 2022, and the start of 2023.
In the history of Iowa State football I don't know if I've ever seen something as beautifully executed as the pooch kickoff in the Fiesta Bowl. The ball went probably 40 yards and headed towards the sideline and had some wicked reverse spin on it that allowed us to recover it. IIRC it was in the second quarter. Absolutely perfectly executed and it took some practice to make sure our team could pull that off.

He's our greatest football coach of all time. In 8 years of being here, he's won Big 12 coach of the year three times and could receive votes this year. To think Matt Campbell didn't start coaching to win until after a drunk idiot said something stupid is laughable.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
In the history of Iowa State football I don't know if I've ever seen something as beautifully executed as the pooch kickoff in the Fiesta Bowl. The ball went probably 40 yards and headed towards the sideline and had some wicked reverse spin on it that allowed us to recover it. IIRC it was in the second quarter. Absolutely perfectly executed and it took some practice to make sure our team could pull that off.

He's our greatest football coach of all time. In 8 years of being here, he's won Big 12 coach of the year three times and could receive votes this year. To think Matt Campbell didn't start coaching to win until after a drunk idiot said something stupid is laughable.

Didn't Matt say something about playing too tight to the vest early this year?

And while he isn't my favorite..........Gundy from Okie State gets my vote for Big 12 COY. From that absolute train wreck they were in Ames back in September to the CCG.....not bad.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Didn't Matt say something about playing too tight to the vest early this year?

And while he isn't my favorite..........Gundy from Okie State gets my vote for Big 12 COY. From that absolute train wreck they were in Ames back in September to the CCG.....not bad.
There's a difference between scheme/new coaches/new players and "for the first time coaching to win."

99% of the coaches out there want to win. Even when we see a crazy Jimbo Fisher buyout, we all think we'd love that life but I would bet that Jimbo would rather be coaching. They're wired that way.

Reactions: VeloClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Campbell didn't start coaching to win, and thus for his job, until that guy called him out.

I'm glad he did it. I'm glad Campbell responded the way he did, and started trusting Scheelhaase as much as he does Heacock.

KSU game was fun because the team actually played to win, not lose, as they so often did in 2021, 2022, and the start of 2023.

Imagine believing all of this.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

It's funny because nobody has been quicker to call Campbell terrible after every single loss since Ohio, but then say how great of a coaching job he does after every win. @joefrog knows less about football than that toothless guy in Ohio, he can't comprehend that you can coach well and still lose. Every win means the game was coached well, every loss means Campbell is terrible.

We beat BYU so Campbell was great. We lost to KU so he was terrible. We beat KSU so Campbell is great, finally playing to win. If we lose our bowl game he's awful and was playing "CampbellBall". Bank it.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It's funny because nobody has been quicker to call Campbell terrible after every single loss since Ohio, but then say how great of a coaching job he does after every win. @joefrog knows less about football than that toothless guy in Ohio, he can't comprehend that you can coach well and still lose. Every win means the game was coached well, every loss means Campbell is terrible.

We beat BYU so Campbell was great. We lost to KU so he was terrible. We beat KSU so Campbell is great, finally playing to win. If we lose our bowl game he's awful and was playing "CampbellBall". Bank it.
I thought we decided joefrog was the guy from Ohio?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

BYU is 107th in total defense.

They must have faced a bunch of creative playing to win offenses.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Before ISU arrived BYU hadn't lost at home in a night game in several seasons. Before ISU arrived KSU was undefeated at home. ISU has won some tough road games - 4 in a row to end the season.

Yeah ISU played well.

Some weeks they didn't play as well like every football team ever.

For reference though look at the 5:19 mark on Noel's TD here. ISU blocks it well, but take a look at BYU's 'pursuit'.

Sama's long TD at 5:51 is similar. BYU #13 looks like he's doing a sled drill instead of trying to get up field or shuck to the ball.

Iowa, Ohio (4th in defense, respectfully) and TX aren't going to let those plays happen.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I thought we decided joefrog was the guy from Ohio?
giphy.webp

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013

Well beyond laughable and well into the territory of idiotic.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

You’re giving that drunk idiot far too much credit.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and VeloClone

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Imagine how good he could have been had he wanted to win games!

Help Support Us

Become a patron