I don't understand how anyone has ever liked Tang

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Personally I’ve never had an issue with him. He is very passionate about his team and job. Emotional coaches tend to be loved by their fans and hated by their opponents. Honestly I hope he takes a different job soon. He seems capable of building teams that could be thorns in the side of Iowa state as long as he is there.
I don’t get the hate for Sampson on here either. So he didn’t fall to his knees and sing our praises after losing, big deal.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I don’t get the hate for Sampson on here either. So he didn’t fall to his knees and sing our praises after losing, big deal.
Tang and Sampson aren’t really the same to me. Sampson was just pissed off after the loss and didn’t want to talk to reporters cause he hates them. Tangs antics throughout the game as well as the way he acts toward our coaches, and always wanting to play victim are why he is hated.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
A supposed ISU fan called in to Miller and Condon and said fans were throwing stuff at the KSU bench. I got the feeling he didn’t have any idea what he was talking about.
Yeah, is that possible? Absolutely. But considering that KSU are right behind the bench, it would be pretty noticeable if people rows away were throwing things

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
A supposed ISU fan called in to Miller and Condon and said fans were throwing stuff at the KSU bench. I got the feeling he didn’t have any idea what he was talking about.
He calls in every day and it doesn't sound like he even saw anything and it was pure speculation. Also, all his calls are annoying.
Also pretty sure Chris said it wasn't about anyone throwing anything.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Before last night, Kansas State had played the weakest schedule to date in the Big 12. That was not a good team by my eyeball test, they hit a bunch of well-contested, late-in-the-shot-clock prayer bailout threes and that made it a game against an Iowa State team whose best player had a terrible game. Wheels are about to fall off for Tang when the schedule difficulty ticks up.
Ehh, they're not that bad.

Don't get me wrong, they aren't finishing top 4 or anything, but they have good athletes and play hard the whole game. That's important.

They were a lot tougher defensively that I expected, especially the guards. They were only -4 on turnovers. They pushed the ball well and can hit 3s at times. They will prob end up 9-9, maybe 8-10.

My biggest concern is that they were able to penetrate and find an open post underneath for a bunny - A LOT. IDK if that's a scheme thing or what the deal was, but it was first time ISU defense has appeared to have a weak spot other than teams raining 3s.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
From what I could he see he wasn't all that animated.

I think we can all agree that he does it far, FAR less than Campbell. And I'm not trying to bag on Campbell, he's the best coach in ISU football history. However, at this point he's earned a reputation as a guy who freaks out at the refs on a regular basis. Much like his predecessor. Difference is Campbell wins a lot more games than that guy did.

Not animated like Larry, but he was fired up and yelling a lot. At the game, when the whistle blew, I thought he had gotten a T. I watched part of the game today and was disappointed that TV missed it, though the announcers also thought he had gotten a T.

At the game, I thought the officiating was awful both ways. Somehow, watching a replay, it was even worse than that.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022

If you looked up irony in the dictionary

I wonder if Tang will say anything publicly about his ‘adult’ ass. coach yelling at one of our student managers with a profanity? This has been a really sad, telling week for Tang.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
someone needs to tell Tang that the adults need some respect from his children.

I am confident that they will not learn it from him.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Overall this is awesome because this is how rivalries are made, grown and taken to the next level. I think it’s safe to say ISU v KSU is going to be the nastiest rivalry in Big 12 basketball going forward in the new league.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Overall this is awesome because this is how rivalries are made, grown and taken to the next level. I think it’s safe to say ISU v KSU is going to be the nastiest rivalry in Big 12 basketball going forward in the new league.

That might depend on if Tang is on the way out the door after this season if some of the drama down there is to be believed.

Then again, his antics may be making him less desirable elsewhere, but if he really wants out there will be options.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
That might depend on if Tang is on the way out the door after this season if some of the drama down there is to be believed.

Then again, his antics may be making him less desirable elsewhere, but if he really wants out there will be options.
I could see Louisville liking a coach like him.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirt Boy 2