Another female teacher incident

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
So what happens if student is 18 when it happens? Obviously they get fired and should lose their license. Do they get arrested and go to jail?
Yes, it is still an offense with a sexual component. I believe they have to be out of school a period of time before it would be legal. The age of consent in Iowa is 16 but for certain occupations, such as teachers, coaches, therapists, etc. it is still illegal because of the nature of the relationship. That relationship must change for a period of time before it would be considered legal.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Yes, it is still an offense with a sexual component. I believe they have to be out of school a period of time before it would be legal. The age of consent in Iowa is 16 but for certain occupations, such as teachers, coaches, therapists, etc. it is still illegal because of the nature of the relationship. That relationship must change for a period of time before it would be considered legal.
I believe its either 3 or 6 months after a student graduates.

• Agree
Reactions: JVAR

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
A lot of these female teachers are good looking . The middle aged ones seem like they prey on young boys that find them attractive still. Weird dynamics for sure. I am not sure of the numbers but it seems like ladies are closing the gap on the “teachers hooking up with students “ thing, which I assume males dominated in the past

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
A lot of these female teachers are good looking . The middle aged ones seem like they prey on young boys that find them attractive still. Weird dynamics for sure. I am not sure of the numbers but it seems like ladies are closing the gap on the “teachers hooking up with students “ thing, which I assume males dominated in the past

There's a lot of women who have confidence issues and they may have a husband at home who doesn't give the attention they need or don't do anything to negate those confidence issues.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The misogyny in this thread remains revolting.

It is estimated that 80-90% of child sex abusers are male.

Approximately 75% of teachers in the US are female.

• Useful
Reactions: Gorm

Help Support Us

Become a patron