Bracketology 2024

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Tennessee will likely be in Charlotte. That's ~150 miles closer to Knoxville than Memphis
That makes absolutely no sense, let's put them in a completely different state just because their campus is closer?

Does the committee understand Memphis is actually in Tennesse and all their fans just aren't located in Knoxville.

Duke and Carolina will be in Charlotte.

If your theory is correct then that should make it even easier for us to get Omaha.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
This is what I got using the current bracket matrix top 12. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. CC @NiceMarmot

Purdue - Indianapolis (1)
UConn - Brooklyn (1)
Houston - Memphis (1)
Arizona - Salt Lake City (1)
UNC - Charlotte (1)
Tennessee - Charlotte (2)
Marquette - Indianapolis (2)
ISU - Omaha (1)
Baylor - Memphis (2)
KU - Omaha (2)
Duke - Pittsburgh (1)
Creighton - SLC (2)

The top 10 teams are getting their first choice. Duke gets their 2nd choice because Charlotte is filled by UNC and Tennessee. Creighton gets their 3rd choice because Indianapolis and Memphis are filled. Gets more complicated as you move to the 4 seeds.

So would Alabama have to move back up ahead of Baylor to mess up Omaha for us? Or what's the scenario we don't get Omaha now?

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Pittsburgh
I'll believe it when I see it. That's nowhere near Durham. I find it hard to believe the committee will put them or Carolina that far away just because Tennessee "prefers" to go to a different state.

Why should they get to dictate where the dominoes fall?

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I'll believe it when I see it. That's nowhere near Durham. I find it hard to believe the committee will put them or Carolina that far away just because Tennessee "prefers" to go to a different state.

It's actually 476.3 miles from Durham. The 2nd closest first round site behind Charlotte.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

Those are literally the rules the committee must follow, to place teams as close to possible to their natural area.

Teams will remain in or as close to their areas of natural interest as possible. A team moved out of its natural area will be placed in the next closest region to the extent possible. If two teams from the same natural region are in contention for the same bracket position, the team ranked higher in the seed list shall remain in its natural region.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
That's the dumbest **** I've ever heard of. What do you do with Duke then?

The teams chose sites based on where they fall on the S curve. If Duke wants to be

Purdue wants Indy
UCONN wants Brooklyn
Houston wants Memphis
Tennessee wants Charlotte
Arizona wants SLC
UNC wants Charlotte (Charlotte is full now)
Marquette wants Indy (Indy is now full)
Iowa State wants Omaha
Baylor wants Memphis (Memphis is now full)
Duke wanted Charlotte, but it's full, so they would chose Pittsburgh

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

Knoxville to Charlotte is 230.6 miles

Knoxville to Memphis is 391 miles

Reactions: dahliaclone

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
The teams chose sites based on where they fall on the S curve. If Duke wants to be

Purdue wants Indy
UCONN wants Brooklyn
Houston wants Memphis
Tennessee wants Charlotte
Arizona wants SLC
UNC wants Charlotte (Charlotte is full now)
Marquette wants Indy (Indy is now full)
Iowa State wants Omaha
Baylor wants Memphis (Memphis is now full)
Duke wanted Charlotte, but it's full, so they would chose Pittsburgh
Hasn't Pollard said on the radio that the computer does it based on distance from campus?

I don't think teams have any say in where they go

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Knoxville to Charlotte is 230.6 miles

Knoxville to Memphis is 391 miles
Yeah, I get it, it's still the dumbest **** I've ever heard of. I guarantee you a higher % of Tennessee's population is closer to Memphis than Charlotte.

I've been to Knoxville before when I've went to North Carolina, there's not much out there in that part of the state compared to the west.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Yeah, I get it, it's still the dumbest **** I've ever heard of. I guarantee you a higher % of Tennessee's population is closer to Memphis than Charlotte.

I've been to Knoxville before when I've went to North Carolina, there's not much out there in that part of the state compared to the west.

Why do you care so much where Duke goes? A team who is barely in the Top 16 really doesn't deserve to play glorified home games.