NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
I don’t know that Kidd is a great coach but he might be the right coach for Luka and Kyrie. Those two have games built to win in the playoffs.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I don’t agree at all. Good depth of players and skill. But we are in a lull right now of dominant teams. And i know I singled out the Nuggets but there have been a few recently that just aren’t good historically speaking. And defensive analytics are adjusted so it’s not about great offense. And when I say down I’m just talking about no dominant teams. PER is largely an offensive stat so that’s not surprising.

I also think Jokic is the worst multi MVP winner of all time.
Of all the dumb takes I've ever seen, this is certainly one of them

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don’t know that Kidd is a great coach but he might be the right coach for Luka and Kyrie. Those two have games built to win in the playoffs.
I didn't think he'd be able to salvage Kyrie, to be honest. But it's kind of working. Kind of.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Defensive rating is completely misconstrued because the league is offensively so much more skilled now. The last 6 NBA champions all are among the worst 10 defensive ratings of NBA champions because the game has changed. I’ll need to see other analytics to prove your point.

The league is down is a croc in my opinion too. The league is more skilled now than it’s ever been.

The best player in the league has the best career PER of all time. 5 of the 10 best career PERs are currently playing (Jokic, LeBron, Durant, Anthony Davis, and Giannis). With the growth of the game internationally you have a larger pool of better players entering the NBA. In my opinion, you are mistaking parity (which is good for the game) as the league being down.
An entire league being “down” is a stupid take. Other than FT nothing happens without an opponent. Unless there is some completely out of the ordinary number of injuries to stars, the idea that a league with like 500 players in a single year can be dramatically worse than the surrounding years without some crazy fluke level of injuries is absolutely improbable.

Swings between parity vs top-heaviness absolutely happen. Swings between the East-West imbalance happen. The entire league being “down?” I’m going to need to see some data that has no influence by opponent or rules to entertain that.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
An entire league being “down” is a stupid take. Other than FT nothing happens without an opponent. Unless there is some completely out of the ordinary number of injuries to stars, the idea that a league with like 500 players in a single year can be dramatically worse than the surrounding years without some crazy fluke level of injuries is absolutely improbable.

Swings between parity vs top-heaviness absolutely happen. Swings between the East-West imbalance happen. The entire league being “down?” I’m going to need to see some data that has no influence by opponent or rules to entertain that.
Yeah there has literally (IMO) never been more talent in the NBA than there is right now. Just because the players have stopped forming super teams and the players are more spread out does not equal "down"

• Agree
Reactions: SolterraCyclone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Yeah there has literally (IMO) never been more talent in the NBA than there is right now. Just because the players have stopped forming super teams and the players are more spread out does not equal "down"

I personally like it better, makes it more fun to follow. The upthread take Jokic is one I don't agree with, he is one of the best passing big men in a longtime. IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: SolterraCyclone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Cool. Maybe you aren’t smart enough to understand. That’s ok.
What is the basis for this? As a 1 seed you are going to get good matchups, but getting an 8, 4, 7 and an 8 is very fortunate. But they also steamrolled through the playoffs. And we are also seeing in recent years that the seeding means less than ever as these teams with veterans load manage their way through the regular season.

There wasn’t a single series where anybody could consider them fortunate to get out of it. But I find it informative that the Heat couldn’t compete at all with them after winning the East.

Reactions: NENick

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Man, not to be a prick but I think George may need to work some cardio and lose 10 pounds for next season. Love the minivan tho

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Man, not to be a prick but I think George may need to work some cardio and lose 10 pounds for next season. Love the minivan tho
He's a good role player and spot up shooter but he's absolutely a liability on D.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah. For sure, just hope he can work on that or I don’t see many more miles on the minivan
He can be streaky for sure. By the time he's done I think he's got 10 years in the league which is one heck of an accomplishment.
Cleveland is probably looking at Okoro as the future for that role.