NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Couple things I am taking away here is New York is better than Boston. Maybe they just play to the level of the competition.

2. George needs to really focus this off season.
Shooting, cardio, weight and agility. Just looks out of shape and He has looked awful every time I have watched. I’m sure he’s done some good things and maybe it’s just the only times I have watched but I find it alarming the cavs are missing half their team and his mins are minimal.

He took a step back unfortunately. I mean it cannot be easy to compete with these guys so any slip.

All four teams in the West look dramatically better than the East including Boston. New York has looked good at times but they got outplayed in game one and were fortunate to come away with a win because it wasn’t even Indy’s best game. Indy isn’t really playoff ready or tested yet they’re a few correct calls from being up 3-2. Just the fact that NYN has been close with them kind of tells me whomever comes out of the East might get hit with a ton of bricks by the western opponent. OKC and Dallas aren’t exactly deep playoff vet rosters either but they are loaded with talent. Minnesota is the hardest team to figure out, the swing of that series is bizarre, is Denver/Jokic just that good or have they lost something?

Even if the Cavs were healthy it’s hard for me to imagine how the Cavs got the 4 seed, there was a huge bunch from 2-10 in the east and they just had a great regular season (for their roster talent) to finish where they did. With the same rosters it’s hard to imagine Indy and some other teams not passing them next year in East.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
It's interesting that Georges looks heavy now. I think most NBA players lose weight by the end of the season. He played pretty well over the first 3/4 of the season (after a slow start). Maybe nagging injury?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Man Dallas has to be kicking themselves over choking that late 4th quarter lead. They could of been closing the Thunder out tonight.

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
Nobody wants to see Playoff Luka but it sure feels like this series might be to clear the path for a title. Boston is still dangerous but not the same with out Kristaps.

Last edited:
Reactions: legi

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Nobody wants to see Playoff Luka but it sure feels like this series might be clear the path for a title. Boston is still dangerous but not the same with out Kristaps.
They need to clear the West first.

Reactions: Foosballa

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Kendrick Perkins is very much obviously trying to sound like Charles Barkley in the half time show.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
ESPN’s studio show is intentionally awful. Just brutal. They are 1/10 because Malika (sp?) isn’t awful. TNT is 10/10 even when they bring in other personalities to cover for regulars.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Nobody wants to see Playoff Luka but it sure feels like this series might be clear the path for a title. Boston is still dangerous but not the same with out Kristaps.

Yeah I think we may be looking at a second round game 7 for the champ.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This Denver Minny series could go 7 games and I'm here for it.
giphy.gif

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I have no idea what timberwolves team will show up night to night. I’m just going to assume they’ll lay an egg on Sunday only because that’s what Minnesota sports teams do in the playoffs

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This series is so strange. All the road wins is one thing but no game has been closer than 7 points at the buzzer. And four games have been absolute blowouts.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
What’s Jokic shooting with Gobert as the primary defender now? I wasn’t able to watch this one.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Look at what Denver sports fans have to deal with, Av's usually a playoff team but broncs and rox are garbage. When they have something worth cheering for they can be up there with best sports cities in terms of how they support their teams.

Texas will never appreciate basketball.
This statement is 110% true.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The best player doesn’t always get mvp every single season so it doesn’t bother me but this should be four straight. You could almost double MJ and LBJ mvps if the truly best player always won it.

Joker is a better player than so many legends that people would find hard to accept. MJ and LeBron are the only two I think are clearly better and on a per game or per season basis he is right there. Career PER as of today is Joker, MJ, LeBron in that order. Anthony Davis is fourth so it’s flawed but still interesting.

In terms of legendary players I actually watched Hakeem is probably the all time legend (that I’m a huge fan of) I think he’s passed. Yeah Hakeem was legendary on defense but in some ways I think Jokic is the best complete offensive player. The other two are Magic and Bird, he actually does a lot of the same things those two did but puts up more prolific numbers. I think Hakeem and MJ supporting cast tend to be overrated but Magic/Bird had the loaded teams of their eras.

The gigantic question with Joker is how long he wants to play. Some things he says point to a shorter career, certainly not playing into his 40s like LeBron. Last night he seemed to be at his best ever in terms of athleticism. Mike Malone seems like a great fit as coach which is also something to consider, I think a big “what if” of sports is if LeBron could have had that one coach or even a longer run with Spoelstra, it’s certainly been a lakers years issue.

It seems that Joker will play as long as it takes to make the rest of his life very comfortable. If I remember right he almost skipped the parade to go home and get back to his horse raising.
The good thing for Denver is horse racing is a very expensive hobby/ occupation.

Help Support Us

Become a patron