2023 Football Targets (Offer List in OP +3)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Obviously Rhule will keep the 40 or so "new" players and have to tell about 18 guys who wanted to stay on the team that they are no longer welcome. Or, as Jeff said above, give those "unwanted" players each $10,000 cash. You know.... for their name, or their image that all the fans will be clamoring for. ;)
Once they’ve signed a scholarship tender, I’m pretty sure they can’t be shifted to walkon status.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
  • Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Drew Surges - PWO over offers from the service academies and a few others. Two way player that touched the ball on easily 75% of his team's offensive snaps, and was a hawk on defense.

That's the kind of PWO you want to get. His HS coach definitely loves him.

• Agree
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Caught this during a Spring ‘23 interview with new Mizzou transfer linebacker Zach Lovett. I hadn’t made the connection, but this is his brother—whom we had also been recruiting before Florida offered.

Early enrollee at UF. Who knows, if things don’t work out for him there, maybe we’ll get another bounce-back?

Wanted to note it in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: NATEizKING

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Am I the only person wondering why we offered a JC quarterback? At least, I THINK it’s for this fall. I guess we can use the depth, with only 3 scholarship QB’s.

‘22 stats weren’t bad, 23 TD’s 3 INT 60% COMP.

ol

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Am I the only person wondering why we offered a JC quarterback? At least, I THINK it’s for this fall. I guess we can use the depth, with only 3 scholarship QB’s.

‘22 stats weren’t bad, 23 TD’s 3 INT 60% COMP.

ol

Hard time believing we'd be offering him, but if we are doubt it would be to play QB. Could be wrong but he wasn't their starter last year.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Hard time believing we'd be offering him, but if we are doubt it would be to play QB. Could be wrong but he wasn't their starter last year.
I think you’re looking at the wrong year. I only checked the box scores for the first four games on the schedule, but he was the one with all the passing stats every game,

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
We have 2 backups with little to no PT. I'm sure CMC would like to have another QB with experience.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Am I the only person wondering why we offered a JC quarterback? At least, I THINK it’s for this fall. I guess we can use the depth, with only 3 scholarship QB’s. ...
A Cyclone legacy recruit from Butte College.

The 1895 story from a Montana source -- the first game of the season that ISU would later beat Northwestern on the road -- 'like an Iowa Cyclone' per the Chicago Tribune:

So it was no surprise to anyone in September 1895 when Warner bet his entire $150 paycheck that his Iowa Agricultural College (now Iowa State) team would easily win its unorthodox season opener against a bunch of burly Butte Athletic Club working stiffs in Butte, Montana.

Warner expected to have a strong squad that fall, after all. And he figured a Butte team comprised mostly of miners and blacksmiths would be no match for the cerebral college boys from Ames.

But Warner apparently neglected several mitigating factors entering his first game as a head coach in what would become a Hall of Fame career. ...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
A Cyclone legacy recruit from Butte College.

The 1895 story from a Montana source -- the first game of the season that ISU would later beat Northwestern on the road -- 'like an Iowa Cyclone' per the Chicago Tribune:

Butte College is in Oroville, CA—Butte County. This article was Butte Montana. They’re…a little ways apart.

Help Support Us

Become a patron