2023 Football Targets (Offer List in OP +3)

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Wonder if we’d take Kohl and Dorman?
I was going to say the same thing—but about Kohl and Avery Johnson. Complementary styles, both with immense upsides.

I think it’s possible we take two QB’s

First, the QB room has been a little short, for a couple years now.

Second, assuming Purdy goes pro after ‘21, it’s at least possible that Dekkers/Bouman could go pro after ‘22–leaving Bouman/Dekkers to start in ‘23, with Rocco Becht the only other scholarship QB in the room.

Matter of fact, I’d be surprised if we didn’t take two in either ‘22 or ‘23…even with the new transfer rules.

• Dumb
Reactions: DhaCheann

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
I was going to say the same thing—but about Kohl and Avery Johnson. Complementary styles, both with immense upsides.

I think it’s possible we take two QB’s

First, the QB room has been a little short, for a couple years now.

Second, assuming Purdy goes pro after ‘21, it’s at least possible that Dekkers/Bouman could go pro after ‘22–leaving Bouman/Dekkers to start in ‘23, with Rocco Becht the only other scholarship QB in the room.

Matter of fact, I’d be surprised if we didn’t take two in either ‘22 or ‘23…even with the new transfer rules.

what?! We’ve seen like 10 snaps from Dekkers, 0(?) from Bouman, and you think it’s possible for either one of those guys to go pro after starting for one year? Pass that to me when you’re done!

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
Do you not understand the word “possible”? I didn’t say “likely”.

NFL teams have demonstrated that they don’t mind drafting QB’s with a single season of starting experience. Mac Jones comes to mind.

You don’t need a hit of Kool-Aid to know that!
Yeah and it’s possible for pigs to fly but it’s not likely.

You’re comparing Mac Jones, the QB of one of the best college football teams of all time, who sat behind two guys who are now in the NFL, to a guy we’ve seen take like 10 reps against one of the worst P5 programs in the history of football.

Slow the roll on any sort of NFL talks for any QBs on our roster outside of Purdy. Just because we’re a pre season top ten team with a historically great QB right now, does not mean we’re suddenly a QB factory with a rich history of putting QBs into the league. I gotta see more of any of our backups before I can even feel comfortable about them being the starter after Purdy leaves, let alone sniffing the NFL

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
With QB being such an important position, it is a good idea to get a few each year. Recruits can either not turn out very good, transfer out, or go pro, so it is something that is good to have a lot of.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone