2024-2025 football depth chart and predictions

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024
North Dakota- 90%
@ Iowa- 40%
Arkansas State- 85%
@ Houston- 75% *
Baylor- 75% *
@ West Virginia- 50%
UCF- 75%
Texas Tech- 45%
@ Kansas- 35%
Cincinnati- 80%
@ Utah- 30%
Kansas State- 50%

0= No chance of winning
100= All chance of winning

Ceiling- 10-2
Couch- 8-4
Floor- 7-5

*= Upset alert

Offensive depth chart

QB- Rocco Becht/ JJ Kohl
RB- Abu Sama/ Carson Hansen/ Jaylon Jackson
WR- Jaylin Noel/ Eli Green/ Ben Nygoi
WR- Jayden Higgins/ Isaiah Alston/ Daniel Jackson
TE- Benjamin Brahmer/ Gabe Burkle
FB- Stevo Klotz/ Tyler Moore
OL- Tyler Miller/ Tyler Maro
OL- Jarred Hufford/ Dylan Barret
OL Brendan Black/ Trevor Buhr
OL- Jim Bonifas/ Deylin Hasert
OL- Jalen Travis/ James Neal

Defensive depth chart

DE- Tyler Onyedim/ Trent Jones
DT- Domonique Orange/ J.R. Singleton
DE- Joey Petterson/ Ikenna Ezeogu
LB- Will Mclaughlin/ Jacob Ellis
LB- Caleb Bacon/ Cooper Ebel
LB- Jack Sadowsky/ Jacob Imming
Star- Beau Freyler/ Ta-Shawn James
SS- Jeremiah Cooper/ Jamison Patton
FR- Malik Verdon/ Trevon Howard
CB- Myles Purchase/ Ryan Robinson
CB- Darien Porter/ Jontez Williams

Special Teams depth chart

PK- Keegan Shacford
K- Kyle Konrady
P- Tyler Perkins
KR/PR- Jaylin Noel

My B12 standings prediction (Preseason)-

1. Oklahoma State
2. Utah
3. Kansas
4. Iowa State
5. Arizona
6. Kansas State
7. West Virginia
8. TCU
9. Texas Tech
10. Colorado
11. BYU
12. Baylor
13. Arizona State
14. UCF
15. Houston
16. Cincinnati

Last edited:

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
North Dakota- W
@ Iowa- ?
Arkansas State-W
@ Houston- W
Baylor- W
@ West Virginia-?
UCF- W
Texas Tech- W
@ Kansas- ?
Cincinnati- W
@ Utah- L
Kansas State- W

I think the winner of the WVU/ ISU game plays in the B12 championship. Gundy caught lightning in a bottle last year. I dont think they win more than 8 games this year.

As far as the Iowa game goes, I want to have all the faith in the world here. ISU has what feels like the more talented team ON PAPER this year, especially with there being so many unproven things with UI in general(new offense, new OC, Mcnamara's fragility, as well as replacing several key starters). Ultimately, I think ISU loses by a field goal.

The ISU/KU game might be the highest scoring B12 game this year. Who tf knows who wins this one?

I have ISU at 8-4, however, any one of the ? games could swing the other way, as could any of my predicted wins.

**** this normal offseason **** sucks :jimlad:

FWIW, before you all come for me for having rose colored glasses, I predicted 7-8 wins last year

Last edited:
Reactions: OwenTLK07

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024
North Dakota- W
@ Iowa- ?
Arkansas State-W
@ Houston- W
Baylor- W
@ West Virginia-?
UCF- W
Texas Tech- W
@ Kansas- ?
Cincinnati- W
@ Utah- L
Kansas State- W

I think the winner of the WVU/ ISU game plays in the B12 championship. Gundy caught lightning in a bottle last year. I dont think they win more than 8 games this year.

As far as the Iowa game goes, I want to have all the faith in the world here. ISU has what feels like the more talented team ON PAPER this year, especially with there being so many unproven things with UI in general(new offense, new OC, Mcnamara's fragility, as well as replacing several key starters). Ultimately, I think ISU loses by a field goal.

The ISU/KU game might be the highest scoring B12 game this year. Who tf knows who wins this one?

I have ISU at 8-4, however, any one of the ? games could swing the other way, as could any of my predicted wins.

**** this normal offseason **** sucks :jimlad:
True, lots of games that could sway W or L...

If Campbell takes non-conference seriously this year it should give ISU a good boost into some easy conference play early on.
ISU has to win games they should, if they can beat KU and WV they have a solid shot at B12 tittle, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona or Utah didn't make it, hard to tell how new teams will do.

I agree 8-9 wins would not be surprising...

Not sure how Iowa will play out, O this year is certainly not as good as when we played them last year.

• Agree
Reactions: RagingCloner

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Ceiling is 10-2, floor is 4-8. The offensive line was really bad again last year, and they only brought in a 6th year center who was third string at his last school, and a tackle who’s transferring up so we hope is a major upgrade, but is still a a question mark. The secondary when just one starter was out last year, was burnt toast and the best player in the secondary is now in the NFL. The linebackers last year were average at best so they’ll need to make a major jump.

Im hoping that in year two of the Ryan Clanton era of the offensive line, that the line takes a major leap, but I won’t hold my breath until I see it. 10-2 is the ceiling if the three groups I mentioned stay healthy and take a big jump up in talent. 4-8 is the floor if they don’t take a jump and injuries to the secondary like last year happen again.

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024
Ceiling is 10-2, floor is 4-8. The offensive line was really bad again last year, and they only brought in a 6th year center who was third string at his last school, and a tackle who’s transferring up so we hope is a major upgrade, but is still a a question mark. The secondary when just one starter was out last year, was burnt toast and the best player in the secondary is now in the NFL. The linebackers last year were average at best so they’ll need to make a major jump.

Im hoping that in year two of the Ryan Clanton era of the offensive line, that the line takes a major leap, but I won’t hold my breath until I see it. 10-2 is the ceiling if the three groups I mentioned stay healthy and take a big jump up in talent. 4-8 is the floor if they don’t take a jump and injuries to the secondary like last year happen again.
Heard a lot of ISU fans say that about OL, I agree and would not be surprised if OL still isn't great this year. Although a lot can change in the offseason, hear Princeton OT is good but it's true he will have to play tougher kids... Tyler Miller and Hufford are good. Black who was injured almost all of last year isn't terrible either, coaches really talked him up last year.

Could go either way for OL...

Secondary does need to stay healthy... Can't have Cooper and Verdon injured again, don't have much depth in that area... Was hoping we could get some more transfers but looks like not.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Like the rest of you this is all opinion. I make my guesses based off what I feel will be another very average to sub-average offensive line and a defense that will give up chunks of yards as always. If the defense plays bend and only break here and there, that means the offense has to be much better to win several of these games. So, here we go...
In the "I'm leaving my nut cup at home" category
North Dakota
Arkansas State
UCF
Cincinnati
(4-0)

In the "bringing my nut cup but feel we should win" category
Houston
Baylor
Texas Tech
(3-0)

In the "bringing my nut cup and a frying pan to reinforce it, cause I feel a potential kick coming on" category
KU
WVU
KSU
(these are toss ups)

In the "wearing a freaking suit of armor over my nut cup" category because I'll believe we can beat them only when it actually happens category
Utah
Iowa
(make me a believer team)

So my floor is 6-6 (just because we will find a way to lose in category two) and I won't be surprised to see us land there. If we lose any of the other six I listed in the first two groups then the season has the potential to be pure chaos. Personally, I see us beating KU in Arrowhead. KSU at home is winnable. WVU is likely a loss. Utah on the road is a big loss. Iowa...well, is Iowa. Until this team can figure out that pre-season is important this game likely goes down as another 3-10 point loss. That means the top side IMO is 8-4.

Reactions: OwenTLK07

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024
Like the rest of you this is all opinion. I make my guesses based off what I feel will be another very average to sub-average offensive line and a defense that will give up chunks of yards as always. If the defense plays bend and only break here and there, that means the offense has to be much better to win several of these games. So, here we go...
In the "I'm leaving my nut cup at home" category
North Dakota
Arkansas State
UCF
Cincinnati
(4-0)

In the "bringing my nut cup but feel we should win" category
Houston
Baylor
Texas Tech
(3-0)

In the "bringing my nut cup and a frying pan to reinforce it, cause I feel a potential kick coming on" category
KU
WVU
KSU
(these are toss ups)

In the "wearing a freaking suit of armor over my nut cup" category because I'll believe we can beat them only when it actually happens category
Utah
Iowa
(make me a believer team)

So my floor is 6-6 (just because we will find a way to lose in category two) and I won't be surprised to see us land there. If we lose any of the upper six I listed then the season has the potential to be pure chaos. Personally, I see us beating KU in Arrowhead. KSU at home is winnable. WVU is likely a loss. Utah on the road is a big loss. Iowa...well, is Iowa. Until this team can figure out that pre-season is important this game likely goes down as another 3-10 point loss. That means the top side IMO is 8-4.
Honestly, this year's team reminds me a lot of the 2019-2020 team, went 7-6 but lost a ton of games by a combined score of like 17 points...

If we can win 2 of those toss-up games we're looking at a 9 win season...

Here's the key to beating Iowa...
Their D is good and will force turnovers, they forced 2 the last time we beat them (in 2022)...
However, we forced 3... If you can beat Iowa in the TO margin then you'll most likely win.
I do think they'll have a good team but their O is just too spread out and unknown. I too will believe it when I see it.

ISU was very young and inexperienced last year but with a veteran secondary and returning everyone else I think we will be decent. ISU lost 2 games last year KU and Memphis because they thrived off of our injured safeties in the pass game, and had 5 combined passing TDs in those games...

The best thing about this season is the fact there aren't high expectations, and with the whole team returning that also leaves a lot of room for growth.
Also who knows how the new teams will do, for all I know Utah could go 8-4, it can take time for a team to adapt to a new conference, half the teams in their schedule they haven't played before.

ArizonaClone

Feb 20, 2022
North Dakota- 90%
@ Iowa- 40%
Arkansas State- 85%
@ Houston- 75% *
Baylor- 75% *
@ West Virginia- 50%
UCF- 75%
Texas Tech- 45%
@ Kansas- 35%
Cincinnati- 80%
@ Utah- 30%
Kansas State- 50%

0= No chance of winning

Ceiling- 10-2
Couch- 8-4
Floor- 7-5

*= Upset alert

Offensive depth chart

QB- Rocco Becht/ JJ Kohl

Defensive depth chart

LB- Jack Sadowsky/ Carson Willich
CB- Myles Purchase/ Drew Surges

PK- Keegan Shacford
K- Kyle Konrady
P- Tyler Perkins
KR/PR- Jaylin Noel

1. Oklahoma State
2. Utah
3. Kansas
4. Iowa State
5. Arizona
6. Kansas State
7. West Virginia
8. TCU
9. Texas Tech
10. Colorado
11. BYU
12. Baylor
13. Arizona State
14. UCF
15. Houston
16. Cincinnati
This loses all credibility when you put someone on the two deep that was announced is out for the year for a torn ACL

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
odds-office.gif

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
This loses all credibility when you put someone on the two deep that was announced is out for the year for a torn ACL
Lol you’re gonna claim lack of credibility, because he mentioned a backup LB that has a torn ACL?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

OwenTLK07

May 13, 2024
Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Heard a lot of ISU fans say that about OL, I agree and would not be surprised if OL still isn't great this year. Although a lot can change in the offseason, hear Princeton OT is good but it's true he will have to play tougher kids... Tyler Miller and Hufford are good. Black who was injured almost all of last year isn't terrible either, coaches really talked him up last year.

Could go either way for OL...

Secondary does need to stay healthy... Can't have Cooper and Verdon injured again, don't have much depth in that area... Was hoping we could get some more transfers but looks like not.
Black started. Deylin Hasert is who was hurt all last year.

I don’t know where, but once fully healthy I expect him to work his way into the playing rotation, if not start.

Competition and depth is a good thing.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
North Dakota- 90%
@ Iowa- 40%
Arkansas State- 85%
@ Houston- 75% *
Baylor- 75% *
@ West Virginia- 50%
UCF- 75%
Texas Tech- 45%
@ Kansas- 35%
Cincinnati- 80%
@ Utah- 30%
Kansas State- 50%

0= No chance of winning

Ceiling- 10-2
Couch- 8-4
Floor- 7-5

*= Upset alert

Offensive depth chart

QB- Rocco Becht/ JJ Kohl

Defensive depth chart

LB- Jack Sadowsky/ Jacob Imming
CB- Myles Purchase/ Drew Surges

PK- Keegan Shacford
K- Kyle Konrady
P- Tyler Perkins
KR/PR- Jaylin Noel

1. Oklahoma State
2. Utah
3. Kansas
4. Iowa State
5. Arizona
6. Kansas State
7. West Virginia
8. TCU
9. Texas Tech
10. Colorado
11. BYU
12. Baylor
13. Arizona State
14. UCF
15. Houston
16. Cincinnati

You don't list Dylan Lee at RB... and IMO he might get the 2nd most carries this year. However, I know the staff really likes Carson too, so that will be interesting to watch.

I think Jaylon Jackson might end up being a starting kick returner.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Y'all way more confident about UCF than me, they were a tough out in their first year in the league. I'm Not informed about their QB situation this year tho.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Y'all way more confident about UCF than me, they were a tough out in their first year in the league. I'm Not informed about their QB situation this year tho.
Arkansas transfer KJ Jefferson is expected to start, I think.

Even if it’s otherwise a toss up, the game is at the Jack. In Brocctober.