2024-2025 Recruiting Thread

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Wish the kid nothing but the best, good family. But I don’t think his best is good enough to amount to much D1.
Dru is a solid wrestler, but he's just too dang small to make an impact. Still down at 113 as a HS Senior. Unless he hits a growth spurt, he'll probably always be undersized even at 125 in college.

Think about how good a guy like Kurt McHenry was as a cadet/HS wrestler, but has the same size issue. A guy that much better at that age and he's been a non-factor at the D1 level.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Dru is a solid wrestler, but he's just too dang small to make an impact. Still down at 113 as a HS Senior. Unless he hits a growth spurt, he'll probably always be undersized even at 125 in college.

Think about how good a guy like Kurt McHenry was as a cadet/HS wrestler, but has the same size issue. A guy that much better at that age and he's been a non-factor at the D1 level.
Agreed. He also got dominated twice at Super 32 and was a couple rounds from even placing - at 113.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I wonder how many people said that to Drew Foster..... You never know what levels a young man can jump in college. You dont have to peak in high school to have a great college career.
While you aren’t wrong, I can make a list of at least 10 differences between your examples not to mention Drew was a one in a million

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
While you aren’t wrong, I can make a list of at least 10 differences between your examples not to mention Drew was a one in a million

Drew is a guy that really embraced the grind and is an extremely confident person. He is also highly athletic which helped tremendously in college. His chip on his shoulder that came from not winning a state title in high school played a huge role in his success in college. He had a great coach in Randy Pugh as well.
I have enjoyed getting to know him personally over the last 3 or so years. He also is an amazing person so I’m really hoping he has tremendous success in his coaching career. He has the type of personality that will win in a lot of living rooms. I hope the UNI program continues to see it.
But i agree with you his story certainly isn’t the norm. I have told him many times that he should write a book about the type of mindset he had to have to accomplish what he did.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Put his name in the portal and won’t be until second semester. He made an instagram post recently eluding to the time coming as he’s sitting in the Michigan wrestling room
I am not sure what this means. So basically it didn't workout at Michigan and he's looking for another home next semester? Please elaborate

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I am not sure what this means. So basically it didn't workout at Michigan and he's looking for another home next semester? Please elaborate
He’s in the portal and technically hasn’t transferred anywhere from UW, yet.

I think this poster is saying the Instagram post made it seem like he will be transferring to Michigan, though he’s already training there.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022

I think this poster is saying the Instagram post made it seem like he will be transferring to Michigan, though he’s already training there.
- do i have this correct
he is still technically a Wisconsin student athlete not enrolled in class? isn't enrolled at Michigan but training with team or at least in facilities assume still waiting to hear if he is granted med redshirt from 2020

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

Correct. He’s at Michigan but to be able to compete for Michigan he has to go through the formality process of going in the portal and getting into Michigan. But he’s training at Michigan and making it sound like soon he will be competing for them - my guess is second semester he’s in the line up